udhcpc: sendto: Network is down
Read error: Network is down, reopening socket
Sending discover...
Sending discover...

It didn't seem like it was going to stop with the read error and i didn't know how to stop it so i went into the web gui and changed WAN from Disabled to DHCP...

Code:
Received SIGTERM
root@DD-WRT:~# ifconfig

eth3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 44:94:FC:45:AC:87
          inet addr:192.168.32.50  Bcast:192.168.32.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:691 errors:0 dropped:5 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:477 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:399220 (389.8 KiB)  TX bytes:118531 (115.7 KiB)

BOOM! Internet! Very Happy

Everything seems to be on point as far as latency and speedtest.
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, so now make a startup script in the gui tab Administration->Commands

insmod usbnet
insmod cdc_ether
nvram set wan_ifname2=eth3
nvram commit

and save as Startup command.
You can actually omit the two nvram cmds, once set manually they will remain after a reboot.
You may have to do "nvram set wanifname2="
ie no name when you want to use the normal WAN port and not the dongle.

DHCP as WAN protocol in the gui should handle the interface up and pulling a dhcp address so you don't need the ifconfig up or the udhcpc manual cmds.

I assume that you got 192.168.32.1 as gateway for WAN and that the dhcp server in the dongle is set to start giving out addresses from .50
Try to open 192.168.32.1 from a computer browser, there may be a http server built into the dongle for configuration of user credentials and such things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
ok, so now make a startup script in the gui tab Administration->Commands

insmod usbnet
insmod cdc_ether
nvram set wan_ifname2=eth3
nvram commit

and save as Startup command.
You can actually omit the two nvram cmds, once set manually they will remain after a reboot.
You may have to do "nvram set wanifname2="
ie no name when you want to use the normal WAN port and not the dongle.

DHCP as WAN protocol in the gui should handle the interface up and pulling a dhcp address so you don't need the ifconfig up or the udhcpc manual cmds.

I assume that you got 192.168.32.1 as gateway for WAN and that the dhcp server in the dongle is set to start giving out addresses from .50
Try to open 192.168.32.1 from a computer browser, there may be a http server built into the dongle for configuration of user credentials and such things.

It's actually 192.168.32.2 for the WAN gateway. And yeah, i can hit that address and it pulls up Verizons "Mobile Broadband Manager" which give info like signal strength, data usage, as well as network settings, etc.

Back when i was fiddling around, i changed all WAN references to eth3 (see below). Should i change them all back to defaults with the exception of wan_ifname2?

Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep wan
wan_unit=0
size: 35558 bytes (29978 left)
wan_get_dns=192.168.32.2
telnet_wanport=23
wan_lease=604800
http_wanport=8080
wan_gateway=192.168.32.2
wan_domain=
wan_hwname=
wan_netmask=255.255.255.0
wan_ifname2=eth3
block_wan=1
dr_wan_rx=0
wan_dns=
wan_apn=VZWINTERNET
dhcp_wins=wan
wan_proto=dhcp
wanup=1
lighttpd_wan=0
wan_hwaddr=44:94:FC:45:AC:87
clone_wan_mac=0
wan_default=eth3
wan_ifnames=eth3
dr_wan_tx=0
l2tp_wan_gateway=0.0.0.0
wan_pin=
proftpd_wan=0
wan_primary=1
openvpn_onwan=0
wandevs=et0
dhcp_domain=wan
wan_gateway_buf=0.0.0.0
wan_dial=1
wan_vdsl=0
wan_iface=eth3
upnp_wan_proto=
wan_ipaddr=192.168.32.50
wan_wins=0.0.0.0
wan_mtu=1500
pptp_wan_gateway=0.0.0.0
sshd_wanport=22
wan_get_domain=
wan_ifname=eth3
wan_hostname=
wan_conmode=0
ddns_wan_ip=1
wan_dualaccess=0
elwood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found a small issue. If i unplug the dongle, when i plug it back in, it registers again with cdc_ether as well as assigns to eth3 but eth3 does not automatically come up or show up in ifconfig...

I manually loaded eth3 and everything was fine after. I did get some difference errors than the first time and not sure if it it's an issue or not...

Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# root@DD-WRT:~# udhcpc -i eth3
-sh: root@DD-WRT:~#: not found
root@DD-WRT:~# udhcpc (v1.22.1) started
-sh: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
root@DD-WRT:~# Sending discover...
-sh: Sending: not found
root@DD-WRT:~# Sending select for 192.168.32.50...
sh: can't create /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrac-sh: k_udp_tiSending: not foundmeouts:
 nonexistent directory
root@DD-WRT:~# Lease of 192.168.32.50 obtained, lease time 604800
-sh: Lease: not found
root@DD-WRT:~# eth3: No such process
-sh: eth3:: not found
root@DD-WRT:~# sh: can't create /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/loop: nonexistent di
rectory
> sh: can't create /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_udp_timeouts: nonex
istent directory
-sh: sh:: not found
root@DD-WRT:~# sh: can't create /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/loop: nonexistent di
rectory
> sh: can't create /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_udp_timeouts: nonex
istent directory
rectory
istent directory
root@DD-WRT:~# udhcp
-sh: udhcp: not found
elwood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still at it! If I reboot the router or restart services I have to issue "ifconfig eth3 up & udhcpc -i eth3" with WAN set to DHCP within the GUI (this will not work if WAN is set to Disabled, Static will work as well with the correct info). After that, all devices on my network have connectivity automatically. I've tried placing the command to start eth3 in the startup script but it didn't work. I suspect that the module probably isn't loaded at the time it executes.

I can definitely live with having to manually start and assign an IP every time I reboot or restart services but I'm having a much more severe issue...

Some sites are very slow to load, sometimes you can hit X to stop loading then refresh and the website will instantly load. Sometimes it loads quick or slow and it seems to be completely loaded yet the "loading" icon continues to spin for minutes after.

This is happening on all computers and devices on my network, wired or wireless all browsers.

The connection is rock solid other than HTTP traffic. I've ran a ping all day long to a remote server and out of 8000+ packets only 1 was dropped.

I've tried clearing nvram, reflashing and completely starting over, disabled dnsmasq, packet sniffing, etc. etc. Watching packets in Wireshark, there are a ton of TCP connection reset's as well as a handful of other TCP issues.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice on troubleshooting this issue? Should I try an earlier build?
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad to see someone else trying to use their UML295 with DD-WRT!

I've been having the same problems, webpages loading halfway / spinning, etc. Most recently, I thought it might be an MTU issue, and set my MTU to 1428 (LTE), but it didn't solve the problem. Didn't run a packet sniffer like you did, though, I'll take a look to see if they really are TCP resets.

As a workaround, I've been running the UML295 connected to OpenWRT (on an RT-N13U B1), which isn't doing much, just bridging the UML295 eth interface to its WAN port, which is then connected to the DD-WRT router's WAN port (WZR-1750DHP). This solution has been rock solid for the last year.

Over the past few months, I've been trying on and off to eliminate the OpenWRT router and connect the UML295 directly to the DD-WRT router, but have always run into the same problem you're having, and am no closer to a solution. :/

In any case, hope we can put our heads together and figure this out. Smile I'm still at it as well!
elwood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdonkey wrote:
Glad to see someone else trying to use their UML295 with DD-WRT!

I've been having the same problems, webpages loading halfway / spinning, etc. Most recently, I thought it might be an MTU issue, and set my MTU to 1428 (LTE), but it didn't solve the problem. Didn't run a packet sniffer like you did, though, I'll take a look to see if they really are TCP resets.

As a workaround, I've been running the UML295 connected to OpenWRT (on an RT-N13U B1), which isn't doing much, just bridging the UML295 eth interface to its WAN port, which is then connected to the DD-WRT router's WAN port (WZR-1750DHP). This solution has been rock solid for the last year.

Over the past few months, I've been trying on and off to eliminate the OpenWRT router and connect the UML295 directly to the DD-WRT router, but have always run into the same problem you're having, and am no closer to a solution. :/

In any case, hope we can put our heads together and figure this out. Smile I'm still at it as well!

I'm not sure that there are any routing settings that we could change to fix this issue. I've seen a thread on a different forum (can't seem to find it again) with a handful of people having the same issues that we are experiencing. I assume that it has something to do with the way the drivers are handling the modem.

I assume Cradlepoint worked with Pantech to develop an API (this may not be the proper terminology), or internal commands, etc., to control the UML295. At least it seems that way from my MBR95 logs and the way that the modem operates. For instance, i can have the 295 set as DHCP instead of IPPT and when i plug it into the cradlepoint, it will automatically set IPPT and grab the external WAN IP instead of the internal DHCP address.

I think if someone can figure out what cradlepoint is doing, it shouldn't be that hard to implement it into DD-WRT as i believe cradlepoint is running OpenWRT. Then again, i'm no expert.

I will continue to see what info i can get from the cradlepoint logs and SSH but i'm sure it will probably take someone with much more technical know-how to delve into the source code, drivers, etc. to figure this out.

Edit: One thing i did notice is that the modem interface cradlepoint is using is "pmip6". I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking it might be an issue in the USB networking stack on DD-WRT. On OpenWRT it works fine, it uses the same kernel modules, and as far as I can tell, OpenWRT is not aware it's a "modem" and is not doing any modem-specific stuff.

I am doubtful there is any "modem" specific stuff causing these issues because these devices just show up as a standard USB Ethernet device in any OS. (While there may be a separate usb diag interface in case you install the vendor-specific software to enable things like IP pass-through like on the Cradlepoint or on Windows, it's certainly not necessary).

Some other similar modems may require the use of usb-modeswitch to take them out of their "emulate a driver CDROM" mode and put them into the USB networking mode, but the UML295 is working fine for me without usb-modeswitch or installing any vendor-specific OS drivers across multiple systems.

As an experiment, I switched to using a 5510L on the OpenWRT router, and it appears to be working fine. I'll try the 5510L via USB on DD-WRT and see if it has the same issues as the UML295 on DD-WRT. If the problem recurs, this would rule out the problem being specific to the UML295 or to Pantech.

Another thing someone could try is switching out the UML295 for a regular USB-Ethernet adapter and seeing if it works fine on DD-WRT or shows the same issues. If the problems recur, this would help in definitely ruling out the problem being related to any modem-specific stuff. (Unfortunately, I don't think any of the USB adapters I have on hand use the cdc_ether / rndis driver, they're either ASIX or SMSC.)
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried it with my 5510L, seem to be running into the same issue. For example, I'm getting TCP RST during sessions with CDNs like EdgeCast and MaxCDN, which is in line with the symptoms I'm seeing (images on some pages not loading, due to them being hosted on the affected CDNs).
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
elwood wrote:

I assume Cradlepoint worked with Pantech to develop an API (this may not be the proper terminology), or internal commands, etc., to control the UML295.

Well they are at least alway very quick to add support for the special 3G dongles used in the US but it it may also be due to them having access to those dongles.
I do add support for dongles in dd-wrt without having access to them, the support is based on info I get here and on info found on the net and must say that US with such a big population is not a goldmine of info.
The two bigger mfgrs of commercial 3G routers, Cradlepint and Dovado, both use linux and patch drivers in order to support certain dongles but they never share this work. Its good for their sales to be alone..
Your interface listing of UML295 shows additional interfaces which probably can be used with the cdc_acm driver for a dial-up connection which I guess will give you a public ip instead of the nat'ed one you get when using direct ethernet mode.
You should try and insmod cdc_acm and check your dmesg log or a cat of devices to see if the cdc_acm driver at least binds to the last 4 interfaces.

bdonkey wrote:
Tried it with my 5510L, seem to be running into the same issue. For example, I'm getting TCP RST during sessions with CDNs like EdgeCast and MaxCDN, which is in line with the symptoms I'm seeing (images on some pages not loading, due to them being hosted on the affected CDNs).

5510L is afaik a rndis device but I may be wrong, see my rant above about info available for US specific dongles. Sad
Show me the output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices when the dongle is plugged in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
elwood wrote:

I assume Cradlepoint worked with Pantech to develop an API (this may not be the proper terminology), or internal commands, etc., to control the UML295.

Well they are at least alway very quick to add support for the special 3G dongles used in the US but it it may also be due to them having access to those dongles.
I do add support for dongles in dd-wrt without having access to them, the support is based on info I get here and on info found on the net and must say that US with such a big population is not a goldmine of info.
The two bigger mfgrs of commercial 3G routers, Cradlepint and Dovado, both use linux and patch drivers in order to support certain dongles but they never share this work. Its good for their sales to be alone..
Your interface listing of UML295 shows additional interfaces which probably can be used with the cdc_acm driver for a dial-up connection which I guess will give you a public ip instead of the nat'ed one you get when using direct ethernet mode.
You should try and insmod cdc_acm and check your dmesg log or a cat of devices to see if the cdc_acm driver at least binds to the last 4 interfaces.

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=10a9 ProdID=6064 Rev= 2.28
S: Manufacturer=Pantech, Incorporated
S: Product=PANTECH UML295
S: SerialNumber=UML295698617838
C:* #Ifs= 8 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
A: FirstIf#= 4 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01
A: FirstIf#= 6 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 16 Ivl=32ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=125us
E: Ad=02(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=125us
I:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=125us
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=125us
I:* If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
E: Ad=86(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 10 Ivl=32ms
I:* If#= 5 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm
E: Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I:* If#= 6 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
E: Ad=88(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 10 Ivl=32ms
I:* If#= 7 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm
E: Ad=87(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
From OpenWRT for comparison, looks to be same/similar:

Code:
T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 23 Spd=480  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=10a9 ProdID=6064 Rev= 2.28
S:  Manufacturer=Pantech, Incorporated
S:  Product=PANTECH UML295
S:  SerialNumber=UML295590784728
C:* #Ifs= 8 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
A:  FirstIf#= 4 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01
A:  FirstIf#= 6 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
E:  Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  16 Ivl=32ms
I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_ether
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=125us
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=125us
I:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=125us
E:  Ad=03(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=125us
I:* If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
E:  Ad=86(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  10 Ivl=32ms
I:* If#= 5 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm
E:  Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I:* If#= 6 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
E:  Ad=88(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  10 Ivl=32ms
I:* If#= 7 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm
E:  Ad=87(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Elwood, have you tried changing any TCP MSS clamping settings from that microtik thread you linked? I'm wondering if TCP-to-PMTU clamping is only happening on vlan2 by default, and not when we change the WAN port to eth3?

LOM wrote:

5510L is afaik a rndis device but I may be wrong, see my rant above about info available for US specific dongles. Sad
Show me the output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices when the dongle is plugged in.

You're totally right, 5510L is rndis.

5510L
Code:

T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  6 Spd=480  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  2
P:  Vendor=1410 ProdID=b00b Rev= 2.28
S:  Manufacturer=Novatel Wireless
S:  Product=MiFi 5510
S:  SerialNumber=0123456789ABCDEF
C:* #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
A:  FirstIf#= 0 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=ff
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=e0(wlcon) Sub=01 Prot=03 Driver=rndis_host
E:  Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=32ms
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=rndis_host
C:  #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 2 Atr=c0 MxPwr=500mA
A:  FirstIf#= 0 IfCount= 2 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=00
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=06 Prot=00 Driver=
E:  Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  16 Ivl=32ms
I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=
I:  If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=

Looks like MHS291L needs a usb modeswitch first (showing up as usb-storage)
Code:
T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  7 Spd=480  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=10a9 ProdID=6080 Rev= 2.28
S:  Manufacturer=Pantech, Incorporated
S:  Product=PANTECH MHS291LVW
S:  SerialNumber=PTMHS291LVW0123456789ABCDEF
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E:  Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=125us
elwood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdonkey wrote:
Elwood, have you tried changing any TCP MSS clamping settings from that microtik thread you linked? I'm wondering if TCP-to-PMTU clamping is only happening on vlan2 by default, and not when we change the WAN port to eth3?

Which mikrotik thread? Post the link and i'll definitely give it a shot.
bdonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
elwood wrote:
bdonkey wrote:

Which mikrotik thread? Post the link and i'll definitely give it a shot.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=65807#p413573

From a cursory look on my router with tcpdump and iptables, I'm not too familiar with iptables, but it looks like DD-WRT is doing the right thing with packets from WAN going through the TCPMSS target in the mangle table, not sure where to go from here.

By the way, I'm using the GUI (Setup->Networking->Port Setup) to set the WAN port assignment to eth3 (changed from the default of vlan2), which makes it easy to flip back and forth between different WAN ports / devices. No need to use nvram in the startup script. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: