Bridging Buffalo routers with OpenVPN sometimes works

Lord Beowulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18    Post subject: Bridging Buffalo routers with OpenVPN sometimes works Reply with quote
I've set up my home network with a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896 and an identical router on a remote network with a wireless internet connection through a gateway PC. The home server is configured as the OpenVPN server, and the remote as a client. I could never get the simplified client mode to work on the remote router, but by configuring the OpenVPN Daemon like I would any PC client, it works fine. Everything connects and my bridged network works fine. That is, everything works fine until some time after the connection has been up for a while and the home server ends up showing connected, but the remote client is now listed as UNDEF instead of the actual client ID. If I reboot the remote client it will reconnect normally, but eventually end up back to the same state. I can't seem to get the OpenVPN to give me any sort of useful log, and the "keep alive" doesn't seem to be working either. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Beo
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: