remote access to router GUI via VPN

Goto page Previous  1, 2
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whenever you get this resolved, and assuming it was upgrading to the new release that killed your OpenVPN capability, I'd like to know the recent release you are using where all the functions of dd-wrt are working as well as OpenVPN server.

I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H that was working well with OpenVPN server at release build 24160. However I have recently started loading down the radio in it pretty heavily and it locks up every few hours now requiring a power on reset.

So if you find a more modern version of the firmware that works properly as an OpenVPN server and it also looks stable as far as the other standard features, I'd be interested in learning the version number. Thanks!

P.S. Here is the guide that I used to configure my router, it's written based on using a much older beta release but a much newer one than the "VPN the easy way" wiki-info link that someone else suggested. Now this is the most modern dd-wrt OpenVPN home-server tutorial I have found:
http://www.teksec.org/2013/openvpn-tutorial-dd-wrt-howto-configure-properly-part-2/

(Note the version that the author, Chris is using has the OpenVPN heartbleed security hole in it, so those who may read his tutorial and want to follow it verbatim need to keep that in mind and settle on a newer beta which is missing heartbleed but also is fairly functional.)

*** I'm using PPPoE to my DSL provider coupled with OpenVPN server into my local network. With 24160 everything seems beautiful until I start to load down the local G radio with a lot of network traffic and then it's time for the lockup and a walk to the router to POR the device.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: