EXT4 USB NAS accessable through Samba but not FTP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Acumen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 23:04    Post subject: EXT4 USB NAS accessable through Samba but not FTP Reply with quote
Hi all,

As a newbee on the DD-WRT I found a lot of answers on this forum but got stuck on this one. Still very pleased with the decision to install the firmware.

I am running a Netgear WNDR4300 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std. Since I need some energy efficient FTP storage, I decided to use the NAS functionality of my router. So I inserted an 16GB usb stick that I formatted to ext4 on Ubuntu 14 and mounted it at the Services -> USB tab.

Quote:
--- /dev/sda
Block device, size 15.31 GiB (16441481728 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 15.31 GiB (16441449472 bytes, 32112206 sectors from 63, bootable)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext4 file system
Volume name "NetGearNAS"
UUID C9E564EF-D2AC-42F5-84D0-54598E894186 (DCE, v4)
Last mounted at "/tmp/mnt/sda_part1"
Volume size 15.31 GiB (16441446400 bytes, 4014025 blocks of 4 KiB)

Next I enabled the ProFTPD pretty straight forward, using the /mnt as file directory, allowing write access and am using the password list for Authentication.
I experience no difficulties in connecting with Filezilla, but am not able to open the sda_part1 directory.
Quote:
Command: CWD sda_part1
Response: 550 sda_part1: No such file or directory
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

When I share the directory with Samba it all works fine, but I need FTP access. I noticed the difference in the path I was able to choose between Samba and FTP, but do not thing that is the problem. I even tried a chmod 777 at "/tmp/mnt/sda_part1" but that was no success either. Without the usb stick mounted, I am able to use the FTP server without a problem, so I believe the problem lies in accessing the usb storage.

So... I am stuck and hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction.

- Acumen
Sponsor
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: