New build is out 25408(BS) K2.6 and K3.X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Tijger71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 0:05    Post subject: upgrade R7000 no reset Reply with quote
Router Model: Netgear R7000
Firmware Version: 25408 netgear-r7000-webflash.bin
Reset: No

Upgrade from 25309 to 25408 no reset after upgrade power led blinks orange after power off and on it looks like working now for 3 hours and no problems.

By the way i have reboot problems when i want to use an android tv stick tizzbird i want to say to other users that reboots can come from an other device.
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:23    Post subject: Re: upgrade R7000 no reset Reply with quote
Tijger71 wrote:

By the way i have reboot problems when i want to use an android tv stick tizzbird i want to say to other users that reboots can come from an other device.

Have not tried this version but all previous new driver versions I have tried would reboot when I used my Nexus 7 tablet (2012) watching Internet videos. So one more Android device. I did find out that the wireless chip in the tablet is a BCM4330 which seems to be implicated in the reboot issue.

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
jsnepo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
jsnepo wrote:
Router Model: Linksys E1200 v2
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/20/14) mega - build 25408
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.60 #4543 Thu Nov 20 04:16:43 CET 2014 mips

Problems clearing NVRAM resulting to missing WAN. Did a cold boot and was able to make it work. Wifi (NG mixed) works wonderfully. QoS has no crashes. DNSMasq works too.

24 or more hours later, my router reboots unexpectedly. Some times the interval is an hour, others a few minutes to 1 minute. I've noticed that the CPU load is high. I disabled QoS and got significant performance increase even how fast the web interface loads.
Ava Pug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware Version: 25408

Upgrade from Kong 24345M to 25408 with no reset. So far so good with no random reboots. Might be a keeper for me.
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware Version: 25408

My R7000 with this build is running perfectly fine @ 5.8GHZ so far. I was having troubles with the stability especially concerning Pings under load with the last OLDD build (24350) also any Tx Power over 120 on the 5G band would decrease the output bandwidth and lead to instabilities.

However with BS25408 I'm able to run 5G even with 500 mW perfectly stable. Any ping issues are gone even under load and the real throughput is increased. I'm pretty happy so far. Since I have a repeater hooked up that is running the OLDD build and at which all my devices are connecting at I don't think I'll encounter the reboot issues (unless it 's not only bound to the Driver itself but related to NAT/DHCP as well or something like that).

Last edited by justyourimage on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:28; edited 1 time in total
Tijger71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16    Post subject: Re: upgrade R7000 no reset Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
Tijger71 wrote:

Have not tried this version but all previous new driver versions I have tried would reboot when I used my Nexus 7 tablet (2012) watching Internet videos. So one more Android device. I did find out that the wireless chip in the tablet is a BCM4330 which seems to be implicated in the reboot issue.

--bill

I have tried this and now there is no reboot for me any more. Very Happy
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40    Post subject: Re: Good luck getting a response on reboot issues. Iit seem Reply with quote
I think that statement was directed at gahelm which also opened a new Thread with exactly the same content needlessly.

But yes - the R7000 Reboot Thread on Page 1 with the poll attached:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=934759#934759
jsnepo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:03    Post subject: Re: Good luck getting a response on reboot issues. Iit seem Reply with quote
justyourimage wrote:
I think that statement was directed at gahelm which also opened a new Thread with exactly the same content needlessly.

But yes - the R7000 Reboot Thread on Page 1 with the poll attached:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=934759#934759

Yeah. I've noticed that. Very Happy

Anyway, I think my issue does not concern wifi since disabling QoS actually fixes the problem so that thread wouldn't be any help though I did read it.
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is bound to lack of information / knowledge on your part. You can't expect QoS to work on a 300 Mhz CPU with 32 MB Ram especially not at that date with modern builds optimized for "newer devices". While it might work to some limited amount I wouldn't dare to run QoS on a device that has less then 500 MHZ and 64/128 MB Ram if that thing is used for any other tasks at well (and even that might push it to it 's limits and cause hiccups). And if I did the best bet would be a Firmware specifically known / optimized for it to get the most out of it (which isn't the case here).

TLDR: QoS always was performance intensive it 's to be expected especially when the Hardware is limited. Older TomatoUSB VPN Builds or older DD-WRT builds like Kong 22000++ should work better with it (but aren't guaranteed to).
jsnepo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess so. Anyway, I did try to enable QoS but set the queueing discipline to CODEL only. So far I'm not getting any reboots for 48 minutes now. That FQ_CODEL is really hardware intensive huh? Laughing
CM000n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried now Version 11-20-2014-r25408 on my Cisco EA6500 V1 router, coming from Version 11-11-2014-r25309.

Flashing the worked, Router restarted and I have Access to the GUI over WLAN.

BUT:

This Version seems to have DHCP problems over the WAN and LAN ports for me?.
I can't get any Adress of my ISP with Automatic Configuration eneabled on the WAN Port. Also my Client PC's don't get any Adress from the Router. When I look at the WAN and LAN LED's the green lights are constantly on, but the orange lights (indicators for traffic) don't show up on any port.

WLAN devices get an DHCP IP Adress and have access to the router.

I tried it without and with a 30/30/30 flash. But nothing worked. I also tried to go back to an older DD-WRT Version to get DHCP Working again, but that also doesn't worked anymore. So i flashed now an original Linksys/Cisco Firmware and the router works again. Maybe I trie to flash DD-WRT again later (I need ist mostly because of Wake on WAN which is not supported by the original firmware).
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:26    Post subject: Re: upgrade R7000 no reset Reply with quote
Tijger71 wrote:

I have tried this and now there is no reboot for me any more. Very Happy

Thanks for the update. Guess I will have to install and test this version on my r7000. Normally I can cause a reboot pretty quickly with my Nexus 7 tablet. May be a day or two before I try as the wife wants a stable network.
--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
CM000n wrote:
I tried now Version 11-20-2014-r25408 on my Cisco EA6500 V1 router, coming from Version 11-11-2014-r25309.

Flashing the worked, Router restarted and I have Access to the GUI over WLAN.

BUT:

This Version seems to have DHCP problems over the WAN and LAN ports for me?.
I can't get any Adress of my ISP with Automatic Configuration eneabled on the WAN Port. Also my Client PC's don't get any Adress from the Router. When I look at the WAN and LAN LED's the green lights are constantly on, but the orange lights (indicators for traffic) don't show up on any port.

WLAN devices get an DHCP IP Adress and have access to the router.

I tried it without and with a 30/30/30 flash. But nothing worked. I also tried to go back to an older DD-WRT Version to get DHCP Working again, but that also doesn't worked anymore. So i flashed now an original Linksys/Cisco Firmware and the router works again. Maybe I trie to flash DD-WRT again later (I need ist mostly because of Wake on WAN which is not supported by the original firmware).

Well I'm not using LAN atm but the WAN port works perfectly fine with DHCP for me on the R7000.
CM000n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, maybe it is related to our Cisco EA6500 device.
But I'm not alone with this issue.
Look here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162802&start=814
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
CM000n wrote:
Ok, maybe it is related to our Cisco EA6500 device.
But I'm not alone with this issue.
Look here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162802&start=814

Already did see that - only posted that info since it seems to be bound to a specific device (or set of devices).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: