DD-WRT Companion Android app

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
rm3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
max_gradient wrote:
There seems to be a new version 3.0.0 available on f-droid, however when I try to download/install it, I get a popup saying "Not installed". Perhaps the upload got corrupted or something?

Edit: the other two version I see on f-droid (2.1.0 and 2.1.1) download without problems.

Yup, there was indeed an issue with the 3.0.0 update. So I unpublished it from the F-Droid server and published a 3.0.2 update instead. You can manually refresh the repositories list to get the new update.
Sponsor
max_gradient
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there!

Thanks, 3.0.2 download indeed works fine (although I'm now using the Atheros test version you sent me) Very Happy

As always, awesome work man!

PS: Your app is currently the only thing preventing me from moving to openwrt. Do you have any reports how the app works there? In theory I guess it should be ok, right? I'd do a quick test myself if reflashing and reconfiguring the router was not such a hassle Laughing
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having a problem navigating the fields and entering data. I cannot get to the lower screens as the screen will not scroll up and my keyboard gets in the way. When I switch from horizontal to vertical, all the values, including those I have entered, go back to defaults.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
rm3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!

Regarding OpenWrt, I've performed a quick test to see how the app behaves.
At this time, as you can see on the screenshots below, only "basic" features (+ command shell + toolbox tabs) seem to work but most of the other features (such as connected hosts list + monitoring data + wireless ifaces details + OpenVPN Client Settings, ...) do not (especially with versions of OpenWrt leveraging UCI, said to be the successor of NVRAM).

Differences may be slight, but I'll have to investigate further to see how much work that represents.

Anyways, stay tuned - I'll add support (maybe gradually) for OpenWrt in a future release.

By the way, did you have a chance to play with the Atheros debug version I sent you? Does it solve the issue you had?

max_gradient wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks, 3.0.2 download indeed works fine (although I'm now using the Atheros test version you sent me) Very Happy

As always, awesome work man!

PS: Your app is currently the only thing preventing me from moving to openwrt. Do you have any reports how the app works there? In theory I guess it should be ok, right? I'd do a quick test myself if reflashing and reconfiguring the router was not such a hassle Laughing
rm3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Murrkf wrote:
I am having a problem navigating the fields and entering data. I cannot get to the lower screens as the screen will not scroll up and my keyboard gets in the way. When I switch from horizontal to vertical, all the values, including those I have entered, go back to defaults.

I'll look into that issue. Could you please send me your screen resolution (or phone model)? And also the exact version of the app (available from 'Menu > About') you are using? That would be of great help.
Thanks.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
rm3l wrote:
Hi,

Murrkf wrote:

I'll look into that issue. Could you please send me your screen resolution (or phone model)? And also the exact version of the app (available from 'Menu > About') you are using? That would be of great help.
Thanks.

I was using a spare htc one s for this. It is a problem when entering the data to set up a router for the first time. I have to close the keyboard altering entering data to move to the next field, and then open it, type data, close keyboard, move again,....etc.

After the router is set up, the screen appears to work. App version is 3.0.2.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
mittelhessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Status->Clients, there's a client-based bandwidth-monitoring included. Because of the layout, i only get five clients on this overview at my full-hd smartphone display. At this view the used bandwidth is only shown as text and not as graph, which is not very clear. The graphical bandwith-monitoring line is only shown at the detail-info for each client but then there're only two clients displayable (comparable) at the same time.

It would be very very nice if there would be a neatly arranged overview for at least 10(!) clients (but also with filtering for only active clients) with a graphical up-/download line. (--> like shown in the app WRTGate)
SCare11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to test and provide feedback also. can I get the latest version directly somewhere like the ddwrt-companion_fdroid-release-100016.apk is?

I want to side load instead of online.

I can also test in cyanogenmod systems.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I stumbled upon this forum yesterday after reading about Google's OnHub project and thinking about how DD-WRT could play a similar role. I think that having an officially-sponsored companion app would make DD-WRT more accessible, easier to manage, and add features to put the project on-par with what Google is getting ready to bring to market. Here are some thoughts:

- Split out "Basic" and "Advanced" settings or have a wizard in the app to make things straightforward for new users
    - Provide a way to give the user notifications (for example, WAN connection lost, new device connected, password changed, update available, suggested setting to increase security, etc)
    - Provide a way to share the WiFi login credentials from the app to a friend using NFC

Any thoughts? Is there interest in making this app or another similar app a sponsored part of the DD-WRT project?
Graphite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice work... Cool

Thanks
lolantana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:38    Post subject: device manager Reply with quote
you can retrieve data by yourself. There are programs to do that. For example Android Phone Manager Android Phone Manager

I used it few times.
But there is a sad news. I'm not sure but most of these programs work with NTFS and FAT32 files systems. I recently tried to find something that would work with ext4 but I was unsuccessful. So, because OS X is using HFS+ file system there could be problem with software. But I can't believe that they don't exist. 
To sum up try to google "recovering HFS+ partition" or find program for recovering data that can work with HFS+ file system.
Good luck!
☆ Ricky ☆
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed this application some days ago and it's working on my LAN using an IP like 192.168.0.1:22 to access my router.

But from outside, with an address like this : ip.dyndns.to:22 I cannot. Should I use port forwarding ?

Thanks
UsingWRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this, will test later tonight
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
UsingWRT wrote:
Thanks for this, will test later tonight

Really useful comment to revive a 2 months old thread.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
jpomerantz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi - I know this is an old post - is the app still in development? Or did it fade away? Thanks

Jay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: