DD-WRT enabled router as a Software Defined Radio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
felipe.ferri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 21:54    Post subject: DD-WRT enabled router as a Software Defined Radio? Reply with quote
I've been doing some (very basic) research about Software Defined Radio. In my totally newbie opinion, it seems to me that a router with DD-WRT is essentially a Software Defined Radio itself, so I should be able to use it to obtain and manipulate data packets that it receives, even if they are not Wi-Fi signals. Is that true?

Specifically, what I would like to do is to use a router with DD-WRT to scan the signal strength in a wide frequency range, not only the Wi-Fi frequency. I would like to be able to measure the strength of the signal at the frequency ranges: 800MHz ~ 1900 MHz (which by the way are cellular communication frequencies).

I just need signal strength measurements, no need for getting actual data packets.

Is that possible to do? Can anyone point to me resource materials that I could study in order to learn how to do it?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: