IP ok on wireless network, nok for wired devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MattOz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 13:44    Post subject: IP ok on wireless network, nok for wired devices Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have DDWRT v24-sp2 K3 big (build 25408 / 11/20/14) on a ASUS RT-N66U.

I flashed it many times with correct process : erase nvram before and after.
Then Power cycle to be sure to get corrects parameters.

Thanks to this forum and after many hours, I found a trick to solve the famous "no WAN IP" issue by re-setting VLAN config : uncheck and check all setted boxes, then save it.. It's now ok for this issue.

I have a LAN and internet connection on wireless devices. BUT it's not ok for wired devices (PC or Mac).
It's strange to see wired device on DCHP table without IP :

Hostname | IP Address | MAC Address | Expires
MBP MattOz | 192.168.1.100 | 58:B0:35:77:0E:70 | 23:49:35 ->wireless
iPadMattOz | 192.168.1.103 | A4:67:06:56:3E:81 | 23:39:51 ->wireless
___________ | 192.168.1.101 | 58:B0:35:F2:46:4C | 00:00:56 ->wired

Expire time is always less of 60s and decrease from 60 to 56s then restart from 60s ...

On device side, a normal network config (attribued by DHCP). It's tried a static config and static attribution by MAC address. Others devices, etc. Still nok ...

I also tried same with many others previous FW versions.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Sponsor
Bullseye68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are your wireless and wired interfaces bridged? I know by default Vlan1 (physical LAN ports) and eth1 (2.4 GHz) and eth2 (5.0 GHz) are on br0 however it may have changed for some reason. That can be checked on the Setup ==> Networking tab.

The other one I would check is on the Setup ==> Vlans tab to ensure that both Vlan1 and Wireless are assigned to LAN for bridging.

The hammer method as a last resort is to do an nvram reset and see if that works, then re-configure the router back to your desired settings. I have had to do this once and it was more of the fact that I did not do 30-30-30 resets when flashing the firmware; call me lazy Smile. FYI, I am currently running v24160 mega (05/27/14).

Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: