New Netgear WNDR3300 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 20:43    Post subject: New Netgear WNDR3300 support Reply with quote
Netgear has a new Dual-band Dual-radio draft N router which my Best Buy started carrying this week, the WNDR3300. SmallNetBuilder says it is
Quote:
BCM4704 Processor; BCM5325 5/6 port 10/100 switch; BCM4318 single Chip 11g radio; BCM4321 Draft 11n Baseband/MAC; BCM2055 2.4/5GHZ Intensi-fi draft 11n radio.
I just got one to hopefully replace my old Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444 currently running DD-WRT micro. I'm a C programmer, but not much of a hardware guy, is there any information I can provide to help get this device working?
Sponsor
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
First thing I tried was just uploading the RC6 mini build for the Linksys WRT150N via the Netgear web interface. It failed due to a checksum error.

I went ahead and pulled the source for the firmware from the Netgear site and built it following their directions. I was able to flash from the web interface using this firmware.

Next I tried tftping the Netgear firmware at bootup. I must have tried it 100 times at various points during the bootup and couldn't get it to transfer. As soon as the device starts responding to pings it gets ICMP destination unreachable errors on the tftp port. All earlier tftp packets have no response. I've flashed my Belkins a dozen times via tftp so I'm pretty good at it, which led me to believe that the Netgear WNDR3300 does not support an initial flash from tftp.

Finally I grabbed the DD-WRT Linksys WRT150N v1.0 v24 RC6.2 mini generic image, replaced the linux.trx output by the Netgear build and ran their "packet" command, generating a chk file which was flashable via the Netgear web interface. The router booted to DD-WRT!

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type: Broadcomm BCM4704 chip rev 9
processor: 0
cpu model: BCM3302 V0.6
BogoMIPS: 263.78

Device reports 16MB ram. I'm not sure where to check the ROM size.

Problems so far: On first boot I had 2 wireless adapters, the first SSID was dd-wrt and supported N up to 270MBit. The second was netgear24 and supported G up to 54Mbit. Before I messed with any of the settings I figured I would reset the thing to defaults... and now I only have the wl0 interface which is G-only. However neither interface is actually functioning (they were beaconing after the first reboot though).

I'd love to get this working in full capacity, so let me know if there's any further information I can get.
adisor19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like Eko will have to add support for it.. Otherwise, i doubt your wireless will work.

Adi
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I've made some progress in activating the wirelesses, the problem being the interfaces won't start. Check out the dmesg. The first is working the second is not working
Code:
PCI/DMA
Overriding boardvendor: 0x14e4 instead of 0x14e4
Overriding boardtype: 0x49c instead of 0x4321
wl0: wlc_attach: chiprev 3 coreunit 0 corerev 12 cccap 0x864000d maccap 0x0 band 2.4G, phy_type 4 phy_rev 2 ana_rev 5
wl0: wlc_attach: chiprev 3 coreunit 0 corerev 12 cccap 0x864000d maccap 0x0 band 5G, phy_type 4 phy_rev 2 ana_rev 5
eth2: Broadcom BCM4321 802.11 Wireless Controller 4.150.10.5

Code:
PCI/DMA
sb_doattach: srom_var_init failed: bad srom
wl0: wlc_attach: failed with err 11
eth%d: 4.150.10.5 driver failed with code 11
unregister_netdevice: device eth%d/8032e620 never was registered
Digging through the BCM947xx code this error occurs after it pulls a bunch of settings for each pci device out of nvram. For example, to get the standard G radio to activate, I need the following in nvram
Code:
pci/1/3/aa0=0x03
pci/1/3/ag0=0x02
pci/1/3/boardflags=0xAA48
pci/1/3/ccode=0
pci/1/3/devid=0x4318
pci/1/3/macaddr=00:1E:2A:6C:9A:3F
pci/1/3/opo=8
pci/1/3/pa0b0=0x14D0
pci/1/3/pa0b1=0xFADA
pci/1/3/pa0b2=0xFE99
pci/1/3/pa0itssit=62
pci/1/3/pa0maxpwr=0x004E
pci/1/3/sromrev=2
pci/1/3/wl0gpio0=11
pci/1/3/wl0gpio1=11
pci/1/3/wl0gpio2=11
pci/1/3/wl0gpio3=0x82
For the 2.4GHz/5GHz radio, there are 125 settings. I'm not sure which one of these are the important ones but I tried the board* and sromrev keys and that wasn't enough. On the plus side, the lights light up properly and I can see 1 SSID being beaconed. The bad news is that I can't associate still and changing anything on the DD-WRT wireless config screen has no effect, even just changing the SSID makes it actually change to "C^" on the beacon, even though wl shows it as being right. I can post the nvram contents from pre and post reset as well as dmesg logs if that would make someone happy.

And this part is just so I can remember it later:
-- Flashing anything from the DD-WRT update page fails immediately with a chk-formated file, or on reboot with a standard trx.
-- Once reboot fails and the power light is blinking only a chk-formatted firmware can be uploaded successfully.
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well damn with Eko's RC7 NEWD 9068 and my pci stuff I can actually use the 2.4GHz radio! wl1 always has Wireless Network Mode always says Disabled, but I can change the SSID and channel properly and associate with it. I can also disable the 2.4/5GHz radio or associate with it, but the channel is stuck at 1.

I can also flash standard trx (bin) images right from the web interface, which is sweet.

Slowly making progress.
nebulink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Status Reply with quote
What's the status of this router? Is it fully supported?
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
No still only one of the radios works properly (the G-only).
CapnBry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure where to put this. Posting it as a problem ticket seems wrong, so I'm going to drop it here, get yelled at, and learn my lesson.

This attachment is a patch against r9182 to properly detect the Netgear WNDR3300 on startup. getRouterBrand looks slightly unorganized so I just added it to the end, and made sure there was no conflicts with any other currently supported router. I've also added the right gpio flags for reset (inverse gpio 6) and the big button (inverse gpio 1).

It is a diff from svn://svn.dd-wrt.com/DD-WRT/src/router as I do not hav a whole svn://svn.dd-wrt.com/DD-WRT on my system.

wndr3300_id.diff.txt
 Description:
Patch against r9182

Download
 Filename:  wndr3300_id.diff.txt
 Filesize:  1.51 KB
 Downloaded:  2299 Time(s)

Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx, I review it and add to the svn. Please send me its cfe.bin for my collection.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
added here

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know NGs packet tool is so much fun to use, but, if someone where to post just one .chk'd image (even an older build) I wouldn't complain. --too much. Rolling Eyes
kilaklownz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone update us on the status of this router? i went out and bought one based on the fact that it was reported as supported. just wondering if there are any new developments.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
CapnBry wrote:
Well damn with Eko's RC7 NEWD 9068 and my pci stuff I can actually use the 2.4GHz radio! wl1 always has Wireless Network Mode always says Disabled, but I can change the SSID and channel properly and associate with it. I can also disable the 2.4/5GHz radio or associate with it, but the channel is stuck at 1.

I can also flash standard trx (bin) images right from the web interface, which is sweet.

Slowly making progress.

can you get us the cfe ( http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/CFE_backup#by_telnet.2FSSH ) and nvram (save settings)

and led´s/reset button
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection#We_finally_installed_DD-WRT_but_no_reset_button.2Fled_working

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
If there is anything i can do to help please let me know, i have a stock wndr3300, i am willing to try whatever to get support for this router.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can try to install the mini rc7. maybe via tftp
&
RTFM/STFW
&

Navigation

Jump to: