Need some serious help

moeasy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:21    Post subject: Need some serious help Reply with quote
So..... I may have overestimated my networking skills. I have a Netgear WNDR 4300 router that has been flashed with the latest version of DD-WRT. I have a number of devices, a few macbooks, Synology NAS, ipad and phone. I want to create a seperate network using my Netgear router off of another established network.

The house has a verizon modem/wifi router combo. I want to leave the current network in place and create my own network using the flashed netgear and use the verizon combo to give internet access to the netgear.

Internet-----------Verizon(Modem/WIFI router)--------------Existing network
|
|
|
Netgear WW-DRT-----(New completely separate network)

I have read all the wiki articles on the DD-WRT page and researched outside resources. I basically wasted another Saturday trying to get this configuration up and running. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
moeasy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to do that. And it worked however when I was connected to the Netgear I could see the computers on the other network and I want the networks to be completely separate.

My understanding of Subnet and Ip config is gone. I havent had to touch these topics in years.
moeasy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you I will try it later today and troubleshoot some other issues. I'll post results when I am finished. Thanks for the help

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: