Problems with Netgear WNDR3700v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
abalian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I already tried setting the bridge router as WDS Station before replying earlier and it behaved the same way. Should I follow the steps in your thread but replace "WDS AP" with "Repeater"?
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is no "repeater" with atheros, the repeater equal is client, client bridge, or wds station + vap & when doing so, be prepare to have absolute shit throughput cause that vap, will not under any circumstances, broadcast with ht40, & the developer thinks theres no problem..

take typical ht20 throughput, cut it in half cause of repeating function but instead of cutting ht40 bandwidth in half its ht20, so its a complete snail. unless u connect with one band, & rebroadcast on the other then that will work..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

abalian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know there's no repeater with Atheros, but the problem is that there's no WDS with Broadcom. I was hoping Repeater was just a different label for WDS in Broadcom routers (my host router).

And yes, I know HT40 is not working correctly which is a pity because I'm getting G speeds on my N network. Anyway, I'll try messing around with the settings tomorrow and see if anything sticks in 5GHz. Will post if there's any good news.
JimG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 19:39    Post subject: Problem Mounting USB Drive Reply with quote
I am trying to install YAMon2 on my DD-WRT router build 25628. I have attached a USB drive formatted to ext2 and the partition shows up under “Disk Info.” I have tried to mount the partition to /opt (copied and pasted UUID of the partition to the “Mount this Partition to” /opt text field then rebooted the router). However, the partition then shows up in the disc info field mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1? The disc info field actually says “/dev/sda1 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1. I have attached a copy of the disc info field.
abalian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 16:02    Post subject: FIXED Reply with quote
Currently on latest build 26446 and 5GHz bridge is working perfectly.
woodyth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just want to know how to install specifically. coming from latest netgear firmware. Thanks in advance Laughing
Woody
abalian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow the instructions here and you should be all set.
trafsta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WZR-600DHP and have tried the latest stock dd-wrt from Buffalo, along with the latest beta from /betas/2015/06-22-2015-r27413/, but none can connect in "client bridge" mode on the 5GHz radio. It works perfectly fine on the 2.4GHz radio. I have a dozen or so different DD-WRT routers at our company (3 or 4 different makes/models, all broadcom) that all work fine on 2.4 or 5GHz radios in Client Bridge mode, however, this Atheros (first we've ever used) refuses to connect in client bridge mode on the 5GHz radio. I have tried it on different AP's, some at home as well, and have had no success connecting it to 5GHz APs in client bridge mode. Any suggestions to get this working? We have areas in our plant that are heavily congested with other 2.4GHz traffic so we use a bunch of these in 5GHz mode client-bridges. Any help would be appreciated.
abalian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem with a 3rd router (old DIR-825 B1) that I wanted to connect as a Client Bridge. Turns out older routers do not support the higher channels. This one didn't support channel 149. I switched to channel 36 and it connected perfectly.

You can check which channels your router supports by switching to AP mode and checking the channels it offers, but channel 36 seems to be supported by all so you can switch to that first on the main router and see if it connects.
trafsta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
abalian wrote:
I had the same problem with a 3rd router (old DIR-825 B1) that I wanted to connect as a Client Bridge. Turns out older routers do not support the higher channels. This one didn't support channel 149. I switched to channel 36 and it connected perfectly.

You can check which channels your router supports by switching to AP mode and checking the channels it offers, but channel 36 seems to be supported by all so you can switch to that first on the main router and see if it connects.

Hmmm, I really thought you hit the nail on the head with your suggestion, as I was using channel 149 on the nearest AP to my office @ work, and 149 on my home AP as well. However, I tried channel 36 and 44 and both are still not connectable by this Buffalo router using the latest build of DD-WRT. Very strange... I'll keep messing around with it. But if anyone else has any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them Smile (P.S. Channels in AP mode start at 36 and end at 140, so I REALLY thought you'd be right! Darn...)
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
@trafsta
I can only give you my experience with WNDR3800, which is very similar to WNDR3700v2.
5G works perfectly for me on build 27396 if I use any channel between 36-64, with Regulatory Domain set to US or Canada. I usually set the Channel to 56+Lower, works great. 60+Lower also works fine.
Builds 27413 and 27435 have some strange issues with WiFi on ath9k ... especially with higher channels 100+

trafsta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks KrypteX. I went to an older build (21061, recommended on the DD-WRT Router Database lookup), and changed to channels 44 and 40 and tested a few more times, and it seems to get a BIT further along, but our Ruckus wireless network @ work (20 APs on it) is still showing it as "Unauthorized", anthough the Buffalo router itself is at least showing a channel now under Wireless Status (40 or 44). When the nearby AP was on channel 149 it used to show "Unknown" under channel status.

This is very much a mystery still. I guess I should have stuck with Broadcom units.

I have to find an inexpensive 4 or 5 port gigabit router that works in Client Bridge mode on 5GHz. Need about 8-10 of these for our Plant. The WZR-600DHP seemed like a good idea as I have used a bunch of Buffalo's about a decade ago and loved them, however, those were Broadcom 802.11g units I believe. Guess I have to keep researching a good alternative
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Router Database is old, outdated. Hasn't been updated for a loooong time. You should be using newer builds from 2015: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/
Of course, it's your choice after all.

trafsta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had tried the latest from there a few days ago but I will try 27396 later today since you mentioned there are problems on the latest.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
trafsta wrote:
I had tried the latest from there a few days ago but I will try 27396 later today since you mentioned there are problems on the latest.

You could wait for the next build (27453 or newer), it seems the Site Survey issues and mac80211 problems are fixed as of 27453.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: