Networking my Linkstation LS-VL to my new Airstation AC1750

dsmall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 18:39    Post subject: Networking my Linkstation LS-VL to my new Airstation AC1750 Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I just got a new Airstation AC1750 router running DD-WRT to replace my Airstation WZR-HP-G300NH and I'm having trouble getting it to connect to my Linkstation LS-VL. I'm a real newbie when it comes to networking and I think that it has something to do with the IP address of the Linkstation or maybe some settings in DD-WRT.

I could share some IP address and other information if it would help but I'm not sure what info is applicable to this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Darren
Sponsor
dsmall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
You need to be more specific. Connecting from what to the Linkstation? The router itself? Using USB or ethernet? A LAN client?

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm connecting to the Linkstation from from the router using an Ethernet cable. And Yes, it's a LAN client. I had the same setup before I replaced my router and it was working great but now the NAS Navigator 2 is telling me the IP address but is unable to access the GUI.

Darren
dsmall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Doesn't really seem like a router issue. Is it possible you have a static IP assignment in the NAS that doesn't match the network of the new router? IOW, perhaps the old network was 10.0.0.x and the NAS was 10.0.0.100, but now the new router is 192.168.1.x and the NAS is still using a static IP of 10.0.0.100.

Yeah, I had thought about that but I have no idea how to change the IP address of the Linkstation without being able to access the GUI. Any ideas?
dsmall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
You need to connect it to another device, preferably over USB since that doesn't require a network config. Or else connect it directly to a laptop over wire and statically configured w/ the old network (e.g., if the NAS was 10.0.0.100, make the laptop 10.0.0.101).

Alright, thanks. I'll give that a shot. Fortunately I have an extra laptop sitting around. I tried re-configuring my router's IP address to match the NAS device but then I lost contact with that as well and had to use my iPad to change it back so that didn't work.
Thanks again!
dsmall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
You need to connect it to another device, preferably over USB since that doesn't require a network config. Or else connect it directly to a laptop over wire and statically configured w/ the old network (e.g., if the NAS was 10.0.0.100, make the laptop 10.0.0.101).

Great! It's working. I used the ethernet cable and connected it to my laptop and then set my ethernet IP address to match the old IP address of the NAS so I could log into the NAS and give it a new IP address. Worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: