My sister screwed up a firmware update, help me fix please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:58    Post subject: My sister screwed up a firmware update, help me fix please? Reply with quote
Long story short, years back I bought her a wzr-hp-ag300h and all had been well. But as most here know the firmware for Atheros units had small issues and when I told her there was a fix she brought it on herself to try and update it. (I'm sure everyone can see where this is going LOL.)
Somehow she said in the uploading of the update, it cut out and now it's stuck in the boot loop. So somehow it's fallen on me to fix it for her. I prayed something simple like a 30-30-30 reset would fix it, but it didn't work and it's been a while. So I'm not sure the steps or details to manually fix it.
I tried looking for a dummy walk through on the wiki, but with a 1-year-old and work... I have to admit I can't find squat lol. Embarassed Any chance some kind soul here might be willing to help me fix this? Neutral
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check this one and hope it helps: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=761440
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Check this one and hope it helps: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=761440

Thanks, I'll take a look and post back if I have questions. Wish my sister would've picked a better time of the year to do this haha.
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
A little late to reply to but our kids allergies are acting up so thats fun lol. Sad
But I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a cheap switch as mentioned in: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=761440 ?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
if what she said is right, she didnt brick it, that was a problem with webflashes recently, several others inc myself were having that problem..are u sure u need a switch to recover it? have u tried tftp?

if u absolutely need a switch any unmanaged switch should do, unmanaged are also the cheapest & easy to find

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
if what she said is right, she didnt brick it, that was a problem with webflashes recently, several others inc myself were having that problem..are u sure u need a switch to recover it? have u tried tftp?

if u absolutely need a switch any unmanaged switch should do, unmanaged are also the cheapest & easy to find

Hmmmm guess there's a possibility my sister isn't to blame lol.
But no, I haven't tried tftp, how exactly do I go about that route? It might be worth a shot before I get a switch I don't need.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
KALIROB2K6 wrote:

But no, I haven't tried tftp, how exactly do I go about that route? It might be worth a shot before I get a switch I don't need.

Go to the Broadcom forum and at the top of any page, in the announcements, is the peacock thread. Notes 6 and 11 should tell you all you need. There is also a page in the wiki on tftp iirc.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright, I'm looking at switches, would this one work?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?sdtid=7658976&SID=3748fea4a98f49c1a0d8c17556cf3a54&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&itemnumber=N82E16833122128

Murrkf wrote:
KALIROB2K6 wrote:

Go to the Broadcom forum and at the top of any page, in the announcements, is the peacock thread. Notes 6 and 11 should tell you all you need. There is also a page in the wiki on tftp iirc.

Thanks I'll give these a look and try them out.
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I got a switch and I'm giving this a shot and I'm going over the links but I am utterly confused.
So far, I disabled my wifi as that was just going to be confusing, but I checked the LAN's IPv4 Adress (Its not 192.168.1.1 or anything. its 169.xxx.xxx.xx) since thats the switch and I assume that since I pinged the switch that the reply is the router?
The reply is 1ms but I can't get a real IP since Windows 7 isn't letting me switch it to a home network. Is there a dummies guide? lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: