Router>HomePlug>AP not working R>AP and R>HP is

5lagathor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 18:44    Post subject: Router>HomePlug>AP not working R>AP and R>HP is Reply with quote
I have a router configured using DD-WRT as a WAP, wired L2L to the main router/modem. When I connect them using ethernet cables, the setup works great, I can connect to all the devices on the network from both devices. This however does not work when connecting the two through my Belkin Gigabit home plugs {I've used these for years}; devices wired to the AP do work, and connect to the internet, but my wireless devices don't, and my mobile devices (android) don't even get an IP. Connecting a single device (Raspberry pi, Windows Desktop, STB) to the home plugs and accessing it from the AP (wired to main router) works like a charm too, so the home plugs are working correctly.
Is there any way to solve this? Software wise, I've tried every config there is (prior to laying the blame on the home plugs). I know the home plugs can be seen as switches rather than cables themselves, but would it be an idea to test attaching a switch to the second homeplug, and then attaching the router onto that?
(Different subnets do work using the home plugs, but thats not what i want)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: