Dead archer c7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
morph1976
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:18    Post subject: Dead archer c7 Reply with quote
Hi guys I appear to have a dead archer c7. I tried to install openwrt but I did so without a GUI. I tried to fix this using a jtag as I couldn't communicate with the router when I pinged it. Somewhere along the line I think I may have blown something on the motherboard as no power is getting to the board, non of the lights are on. Is there a fuse somewhere on the board that needs replacing as I have other donor boards I could get a fuse from or is the board totally screwed. If there is a fuse that I can replace could someone show me where the fuse is please
Sponsor
wa2ise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have a voltmeter and know how to use it (I'm a hardware guy, the sort lost when dealing with software issues, if you're a SW guy lost in HW, I can understand), see if you can find any voltage coming from the wall wart jack on your router. If not, maybe another wall wart with the same voltage and similar current specs will work. If you do find voltage, see if you can find it at terminals of electrolytic caps (these are small cans with leads, or little boxes surface mounted to the board. If yes, then you may have a bricked router, bad news. But if no voltage, look around where the power jack is on the board, looking for small fuses (these may look like resistors). Or flat rectangular looking 2 leaded parts (resettable fuses, maybe failed open). You should see if you can find a reason why the fuse blew. Shorted cap?

If you have a junk board the same as your board you want to have work, measure various parts that look like the ones on your board to compare. This is not clear, see if you can find a friend who knows his way around such hardware to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: