DIR-615E unstable in Client Mode (Routed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
assaft
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:30    Post subject: DIR-615E unstable in Client Mode (Routed) Reply with quote
Hi forum,
I installed the latest firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) - build 25697) on this aging router in order to have internet access for a Sonos amplifier.

I'm testing it with a laptop (connected to the D-Link via an ethernet port) and I see that there are problems of instability. When I'm pinging the primary router from the laptop the packets should go through the ethernet cable to the D-Link and then wirelessly to the primary router. But I'm getting way too many "Destination host unreachable". Not always, but very often. i tried different cables and different ports. Same result.

My configuration is set "by the book" - with the SSID identical to the router SSID, the router has a static IP in the subnet of the router, NAT disabled, firewall disabled.

It seems like there is something wrong here since it's unreasonable that the connection is so unstable. I'm pretty close to the router so I don't think that it's a matter of interference. I tried other firmwares as well and I get similar results.

A snoop is attached. The IPs are as follows:
10.0.0.4 - local ethernet ip
10.0.0.138 - primary router
10.0.0.10 - D-link in Client mode
So pinging 10.0.0.138 goes from 10.0.0.4 to 10.0.0.10 (wired) and then to 10.0.0.138 wirelessly.

I'm logged into the router using telnet but I'm not sure what to look for to debug this. Help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Assaf
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: