New build available --- 25760 --- 01/04/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 14:55    Post subject: New build available --- 25760 --- 01/04/2015 Reply with quote
New build 25760 - 01/04/2015 available here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/01-04-2015-r25760/

* Noticeable changes for Ralink builds:
- smaller images than previous builds. Should easily fit the 4MB flash on DIR-615 D and H models
- softbrick after reboot on DIR-615 ver. D is fixed since test build 25737:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=940506#940506

Your reports for Ralink-based routers are highly appreciated !!
Router Model:
Reset:
Errors:

Sponsor
zartr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: DIR-615 H1
Reset: Emergency Mode -> DLink latest -> dd-wrt r25760
Errors: NO

My previously mentioned problem with an unresponsive unit after changing WAN settings disappeared. Previously I flashed the new revision directly from within dd-wrt. This time I used the emergency console and the original firmware to get started.
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: DIR-615 D2 in router mode
Reset: no reset
Errors: Soft brick issue is indeed fixed! LAN and WAN MAC addresses were duplicated but easily fixed by temporarily changing WAN Connection type to something different (eg. Disabled), and then changing it back to original setting (eg. PPPoE).

This is a spare router, so I have not had a chance to test the new firmware thoroughly.
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
DIR-615 rev.H

Upgrade directly from r25697 without any problems; no reset; no 30/30/30; settings restored from previous status.
ervau
zartr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50    Post subject: Wifi issues Reply with quote
I ran into some wifi issues.
First of all I tried to set up my DIR-615 H1 as a WAP as described here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

The status page says radio is on but I cannot see the wifi network on any client. I don't think it's a SSID broadcasting issue as I wasn't able to manually connect to the network either. On the status page it also says it's working on channel 14. I didn't delve into the details of WIFI in the recent years but as far as I remember channel 14 is somewhat tricky - not all devices support that(?).
Unfortunately I wasn't able to change the wifi port via the GUI. Every time I set a specific channel and press Apply or Save (no difference there) it reverts back to "Auto" - even before the page is reloaded or something. It appears to happen "on button click". Is that intended behavior?

I'll reset to factory defaults and have a look if Wifi works then.

Update: Works as expected after factory reset. Will try to set it up as pure WAP again (later on).

Update 2: I was not able to reproduce the previously described behavior. Wifi is working and channel selection works as well. Just for the record: Chanel "Auto
" will still choose channel 14 - which my samsung galaxy s3 i9300 will not even see. So I guess I am better off defining the channel number myself.

Update 3: Ok, I figured out what caused the channel to be revert to "auto" all the time. I previously set "channel width" to "auto" too. This explicitly sets channel to auto as well. More spectrum sounds like a good idea but as I am unaware of the consequences and compatibility issues I'll stick with 20Mhz and it's all good.

Sorry for the confusion. Pulled my good old DIR-615 H1 out of my drawer only recently. My primary router is unfortunately something I cannot touch or replace (dictated by provider).
javanse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: DIR-615 H2 in router mode
Reset: no reset
Errors: Flash went successful, Router is running fine and remembers its settings even after multiple reboots.

Great FW so far, but disabling Wireless GUI Access in Wireless -> Advanced Settings still doesn't work, instead of rejecting the connection the router asks for user/pw when connecting via wi-fi.

Bugtracker ID: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=4396

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Belkin F5D8235-4 v2
Reset: None
Errors: None

Throughput seems a little lower than it used to be (it's a 21MB line, but I only appear to be getting 9MB out of it), and QoS causes very high CPU usage with lots of connections (2.1 - 5.9(!) reported by top after disabling webui).
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
@javanse
Bugs should be reported here:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/report

Fotek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Would this build be safe to use on a DIR-615 Rev D? I am currently using the firmware via the router database and is rock solid for two weeks with around 18 devices connected in a house of ten people. Curious to the benefits of updating to something more recent.

Installed firmware is:

Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061

I am looking to buy the full DD-WRT hence my question should it be positive.

Thanks.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's safe to flash 25760 on DIR-615 rev. D. I already know 3 users who already did it, working fine.
Fotek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
It's safe to flash 25760 on DIR-615 rev. D. I already know 3 users who already did it, working fine.

Just tried to update but displayed as 'Update Failed' screen, perhaps I did something wrong? I did not reset or return to factory.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, worked using IE.
Fotek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Dlink-DIR615 rev d
Reset: No
Errors: No
torpex505
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are credentials required to access the FTP site? Filezilla times-out when connecting and Chrome/Firefox & IE can't seem to load the 01-05-2015-r25760 directory.
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
The folder for build 25760 had briefly been removed from the FTP server.

Update: Folder now seems to be back and working.
torpex505
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build seems to have fixed the UPnP issue that I was having with a previous build. Thanks.

Router Model: ASUS RT-N10+
Reset: No
Errors: None
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: