HELP! Connection but can't surf. not searchable problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dru85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:04    Post subject: HELP! Connection but can't surf. not searchable problem Reply with quote
Router: Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std type
Problem: I was away on winter vacation and so I disconnect my router, when I came back, the router wasn’t working. I tried doing a hard reset a couple of times, nothing worked. I can connect via LAN, but not wirelessly. When I try to connect, via “Network Connection” it takes awhile to authenticate, and then says it is connected… However, when I try to use a browser or anything internet related, it doesn’t work. I know it’s not my laptop, cause I can connect to unsecured APs in my apartment building fine. I have even tried swapping out routers with my friend’s who has the original Linksys firmware on his router. The signal is strong and full bars, However packets are not being sent and when I go into the cmd prompt to do ipconfig /release and /renew, it just times out when connected wirelessly.
Sponsor
dru85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: