[solved] upgrade version on USR 5451

polsas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:36    Post subject: [solved] upgrade version on USR 5451 Reply with quote
I have a USR_5451 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro - build 13064. I'd like to upgrade to a better version, specially since 13064 is noted in the forum threads as having wireless problems.

* I can't seem to find which build would be the best for this device. Do I use 14896, or is there a better and more recent build?
* I'll probably download from the ftp site, so please also tell me the main folder name (obsolete/beta/v24) and build date so I can find the thing.

Regards.

Last edited by polsas on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:13; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
polsas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ended up flashing r14929 of dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin, since the peacock thread states that version is still valid.

Several oddities about this device:
* The reset button does nothing, so 30/30/30 hard cycle is not going to work. The Administration > FactoryDefaults reset method does work however, so I would suggest at least using that before the flash.
* There is no connection through the ethernet RJ45 socket after a reset, so you will have to initially make the connection through unsecured wireless to get to the web interface. Only after a) Disabling WAN and b) selecting "Assign WAN Port to Switch" will you have access through cabled ethernet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: