DIR-810L AC-wireless not in options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
thebennyboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 23:24    Post subject: DIR-810L AC-wireless not in options Reply with quote
Router Model: Dlink DIR-810L B1
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/09/15) std - build 25815

I bought this router a couple of days ago and have put DD-WRT onto it. I am however having an issue with the 5Ghz wireless.

This router is capable of AC wireless but it is not anywhere to be found in the list of available modes for 5Ghz.

I assume this is because it was only given DD-WRT support a couple of weeks ago, however i thought i should report it or see if anyone else is encountering the same problem. I did try and post it to the bugtracker on Trac however it kept saying my registration was spam.
Sponsor
Simon P
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 16:20    Post subject: DIR-810L wl1 5ghz client mode won't work Reply with quote
Hey Bennyboy,
This is a huge coincidence. I just bought the same router here (DIR-810l) for the 5ghz potential and its low cost. I was looking to use the 5ghz as client mode or repeater to extend my network range. I noticed your issue but I also noticed that the client mode never receive an IP address from the primary router. I know that the primary router can give IP addresses since every 5ghz device nearby receives their address. This release must have a thing or two that needs to be double-check. I hope the software designer has time to check this out. How do we proceed to get support for our router if you can't fill the form on bugtracker?

By the way, the 2.4ghz on wl0 works without problem. It's very unfortunate that 5ghz wl1 isn't so easy to setup...
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same here, just bought this router today. Mine is rev A1. It successfully flashed, but no AC mode available.

Any suggestions?
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just finished setting up my router.

There were some issue when setting it up to Mixed mode - i have iPad Air 2 (ac compatible) - the device could see the SSID but was unable to connect.

Then i tried to set it to N-Only (5 GHz) and voila - it worked.
Then in System Information section i found something interesting:
- for the first band (2.4 GHz), which was configured as Mixed - it showed 144 Mb/s
- for the second band (5 GHz), which was configured as described above - it showed 433.5 Mb/s

From a little research i found that this rate is only available for ac standard.
Here is the chart with rates in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#Protocol
So I'm thinking that the ac mode is working, but it is just not shown or the name is wrong.

On the other hand, what should A-Only means?
What do you think?
Simon P
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody tried to set wl1 (5ghz) in client mode instead of AP mode? I get a weird Radio state Under the STATUS>WIRELESS tab where it says "unknown". If I put it back to AP mode, it says Radio is on. Maybe another sign that something has to be looked into the firmware code for wl1 (5 ghz). If any of you could double check this on your side, that would be very appreciated!
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its exactly the same with me.
Btw i found that when i switched the settings, at one point the second interface totally disappeared from the menu. However after a reboot it came back.
dafonehacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, sorry for being off-topic, but what TX power value do you guys use/recommend?
It was at 100 default, but the higher the better of course Smile
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Depends on the router, but usually between 71-100 mW (equivalent to 18.5-20 dBm).

A short equivalency table:
17 dBm = 50 mW
18 dBm = 63 mW
19 dBm = 79 mW
20 dBm = 100 mW
21 dBm = 126 mW
22 dBm = 158 mW
23 dBm = 200 mW

KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only DD-WRT build which can be installed on this router appears to have very serious issues.

For some reason, when downloading files, some packets are altered, leading to every download file to become corrupted.

Reverting the router to its stock firmware, appears to have no problems with this.

Here is more info on the subject and complete explanations with the test performed - http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/80581/checksums-do-not-match-when-i-download-file-over-http

I don't know if it is the build itself or it behaves this way only on this router, but DD-WRT team, please check this out and respond.
thebennyboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had no problems downloading or installing any of the builds. The only issue i'm having is with the AC Wireless options missing.
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually this started to happen few days ago.
Initially i did not have any problems too for 2 weeks.
jgmarcotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the same router DIR-810l, work perfect with the new release 01/19/15. Can easily achieve a 30mbs test with speedtest.net but the wl0 (2.4) do not work at all, tried many setting with no success.
My old PC's without N or A can not see the router. Anybody else with the same problem.
George
jgmarcotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I said my router worked perfectly,it was before I realised that some big files were getting corrupted while downloading. Same as the user KoCMoHaBTa.
There is an other instance of the problem mention here:
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/80581/checksums-do-not-match-when-i-download-file-over-http
The problem was solved placing the orignal firmware in the DIR-810.
That mean that the DIR-810 is not faulty, the software DD-WRT create a problme. I am using the version 2015/01/19. The version before was doing the same.
Presently I am using a regular Linksys and I am not getting any corrupted files.
George.

P.S. I mention Feb 3 about wl0 not working. The Wireless wl0 (2.4) appeared by magic 2 days later. I though that the corrupted file will be fix but no.
Revival
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
thebennyboy, noticed u posted on the feb 2 release thread that u installed the latest build. does it fix the ac not being there? what about the packet drop issue?

Thanks for any insight.

another concern i have is does anyone else have revision A1? I flashed the correct firmware, but dd-wrt tells me my model is b1 after flash? anyone else having that issue?
thebennyboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, it didn't fix AC wireless sadly. I'm not sure what packet drop issue you mean, i had no issues with packet drops.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: