DIR-810L AC-wireless not in options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
@jgmarcotte
The only release i see in the router database is from 9 Jan 2015 (25815).
From where did you get newer release?

Mine is version A1.
Still no resolution found.
Sponsor
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just found this - ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/02-04-2015-r26138/dlink-dir810l-a1/
Is it reliable to install it?
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed the last buld (the one i have posted above) and it appears for now, that the problem with corrupted files has been resolved.
However, the problem with AC missing still remains.
tuspam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Simon P wrote:
Anybody tried to set wl1 (5ghz) in client mode instead of AP mode? I get a weird Radio state Under the STATUS>WIRELESS tab where it says "unknown". If I put it back to AP mode, it says Radio is on. Maybe another sign that something has to be looked into the firmware code for wl1 (5 ghz). If any of you could double check this on your side, that would be very appreciated!

I have that same problem - client mode not working on 5ghz (Radio Unknown)
dti407
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those that installed DD-WRT on the DIR-810L B1, what file did you use and how did you install it? Through the GUI or via recovery mode?
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can get the latest firmware from the ftp.
If you currently are with the stock firmware, you can directly flash the factory image.

By the way i ended up using DD WRT with my old DIR300 and use the 810L as a bridge with its stock firmware in order to get the full power of AC, since it is not available in the present builds of DD WRT.
Also the other reason moving to this option was the fact that the 5GHz band was just dissapearing after 10min of usage and never came back unless i rebooted the router - preatty weird.

The final conclusions for me, with the present bullds of DD WRT on 810L, are that it brings more issues and bugs than features on this router. So, for now, i'm giving up of using it. I may probably try it again in the future, if there are any new builds, but for now it is total dissapointment.
Zebbeman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
dti407 wrote:
For those that installed DD-WRT on the DIR-810L B1, what file did you use and how did you install it? Through the GUI or via recovery mode?

I used the router database factory-to-ddwrt.bin version 25815 in recovery mode. I am not sure if that is how to do it but it looks okay to me. This is my first dd-wrt so I am not sure what to expect Smile
KoCMoHaBTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at my posts above, you will have very bad experience with this build - corrupted files when downloading anything. Just get the latest build from the ftp, atleast it does not have this issue. And dont forget do download it with direct connection, because it will be screwed up if you do it while you are connected to your router.
mauril0p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 18:07    Post subject: Any improvements ? Reply with quote
I want to install DD WRT on my DIR-810L B1 but after reading these reviews I am not too sure anymore. Is the build working properly with the router ?
Grumblefly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I have the same issue with Corrupt Downloads in the version 2585. I cannot download any updates for my Mac through the App store at all, or any games or updates on my game consoles without having to micro-manage the download process (which can take hours). Files I download online into my download folder appear alright most of the time. I updated to the Beta build you listed, thank you very much for that, but then the router would not broadcast my SSIDs, at all. Even though it said the radio was working fine. Even looking for unbroadcasted signals turned up nothing. So I could not get WiFi. I need a VPN at the router level, and I didn't want to have to pay another $100 for another router. The VPN side of things was fine with build 2585, but I need to be able to download stuff without corrupting it. Is it possible that a corrupt download of the firmware could have created the SSID broadcast issue?? It installed fine, everything else seemed fine. Thanks for any help
ILMostro7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
KoCMoHaBTa wrote:

By the way i ended up using ... the 810L as a bridge with its stock firmware in order to get the full power of AC.

Am I correct in assuming that in order to use the 810L as a bridge, you have to have an ethernet connection to the main router?

Has anyone had success using the D-Link DIR-810L as a wireless repeater/client? I'm not sure if this is at all possible with the stock firmware, as I don't see a way of configuring the wireless radio as a "Client" instead of an AP.
LeaUK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All

Using a DIR-810L B1 with DD-WRT 26866 - had to use Emergency Flash Mode (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0) to get the firmware past the GUI error, even with IE 10. All installed OK.

Problem - I find WiFi band n horrendous suffering packet errors with a download throughput averaging (speedtest.net) only 1 Mbit/second. Upload suffers no errors and is approx full speed of my upload at 14Mbit/second.

Band G is perfect, running at a steady 20 Mbits/second. My line is 62Mbs down 14Mbs up, measured from wired LAN.

Also AC drop down is missing.

I've tried many combinations of adjustments through the GUI, antenna bonded to left, right, different channels, power levels, MIMO speeds etc etc but just can't seem to stabilse band n. On occasion downloads begin at 50Mb/s then rapidly change to 1Mb/s.

Any ideas?

I've got another 810L (same batch) so it would be interesting to see what the stock firmware achieves. I'll update tomorrow!

Lea

Here are the errors which are not evident on band g: http://1drv.ms/1Fdmwg5

Last edited by LeaUK on Sun May 10, 2015 10:32; edited 2 times in total
LeaUK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've also just noticed that in n mode you can't seem to set the Channel, it defaults back to auto no matter what. Also it may pick ch 14 which will not be received by many devices, especially not in the UK, that may explain why some are not seeing the SSID - because Auto has chosen a chan14!

the Status > Wireless tab is handy to check channel number Smile

Lea
LeaUK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it does appear to be sadly DD-WRT causing the n/ac poor performance. Testing a stock DIR-810L B1 (and interestingly there's no AC dropdown) but it goes like a rocket at a remarkably stable 54Mb/s down and 14.2 Mb/s up.

Is there anywhere I can lodge this bug with the devs of DD-WRT?

Here's the stock test settings. Band n only was chosen for this test.

http://1drv.ms/1GWQPCM

Now to flash it with the recommended 25815 and check band n performance.

Lea
LeaUK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that build 25815 runs full speed on band n/ac pushing a stable 45Mb/s down and 12-14Mb/s up without any indication of packet errors. Therefore build 26866 is breaking band n/ac.

http://1drv.ms/1EoHG5c

Lea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: