SVN Trac registration broken

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
derickso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 23:07    Post subject: SVN Trac registration broken Reply with quote
I'm trying to sign up to post an issue on Trac, I go to svn.dd-wrt.com/register, I enter all the fields and hit submit, it returns a page with Recaptcha - which is fine, but there is no "submit" button anywhere, so I fill in the Recaptcha data then press "enter" hoping the default form will submit, it does, but then it just returns the following error:

Trac Error

Submission rejected as potential spam

I ran through it a couple times, I'm positive I'm not screwing up the captcha.. can someone else confirm, and/or please fix? Smile

Thanks!
David
Sponsor
thebennyboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same problem. Tried a multitude of different username/password combos and still didn't accept it.

It's either broken or spam filtering is on overkill mode. Confused
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
type in the reCAPtcha...then hit the enter key.

there is no submit button.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
type in the reCAPtcha...then hit the enter key.

there is no submit button.

redhawk

I did that, see the OP "there is no "submit" button anywhere, so I fill in the Recaptcha data then press "enter" hoping the default form will submit, it does, but then it just returns the following error..."
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry...I was in a brain lock when I typed that this morning...I see now that is exactly what you did.

I can't explain why...but I'll try to contact an admin about it...no promises.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Sorry...I was in a brain lock when I typed that this morning...I see now that is exactly what you did.

I can't explain why...but I'll try to contact an admin about it...no promises.

redhawk

No problem, thanks!
derickso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump, still broken
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
If trac registration is broken, then how can new users report any bugs ? There are several who would like to report bugs, but can't do it now.

Moderators, can you please fix it ?

understracker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still not working. I want to report the following bug but my registration is rejected as spam

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=947573#947573
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, this is really bad. DD-WRT will lose a lot of credibility because of this. A lot of users are frustrated because of this and some (including myself) have moved on to OpenWrt, unfortunately...
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect that too many new users, who simply don't know how to set things up properly, or the limitations, or how things work, are reporting "bugs" for random builds that are clogging up the process with what "they" see as a bug and just have to be dismissed. There is a build thread for each build in the broadcom forum, and I have seen a similar thread in the atheros forum.

You can use those build threads to report bugs in recent builds, which are the only builds for which bugs are relevant. The moderators do review these reports and can then assess which should actually be dealt with as bugs.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
I suspect that too many new users, who simply don't know how to set things up properly, or the limitations, or how things work, are reporting "bugs" for random builds that are clogging up the process with what "they" see as a bug and just have to be dismissed. There is a build thread for each build in the broadcom forum, and I have seen a similar thread in the atheros forum.

You can use those build threads to report bugs in recent builds, which are the only builds for which bugs are relevant. The moderators do review these reports and can then assess which should actually be dealt with as bugs.

Good luck to those who try this ! BrainSlayer barely considers anything that even existing (longtime) active users are reporting on trac. Let alone looking at so-called "reports" on the forum threads... lol. But I guess you already knew that.

Last edited by KrypteX on Thu Feb 05, 2015 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
But I guess you already knew that.

I do know that Kong does review information on the Broadcom forum, and does try to respond to obvious issues. Wink

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
But I guess you already knew that.

I do know that Kong does review information on the Broadcom forum, and does try to respond to obvious issues. Wink

OK, so should I buy Broadcom now ? DD-WRT development is, for all intents and purposes, a 2-guy job, with Kong being rarely active in the actual code development. So for the rest of us, non-Broadcom users, this is basically a 1-man job. Since that man (BS) is practically inactive on the forum (because he is for the last year or so AFAICT), and if non-registered users can't register on trac, then please tell me how can they reach this dev and make themselves heard ? I mean, practically, how do they do that ? I personally can't even manage to get my PMs to be read by him, and forget about receiving a response to any questions I have. I already tried that road, no go. And I'm not a new DD-WRT user and neither am I inactive. I post daily, as you can check, and I try to write no-nonsense. So is there a way out other than OpenWrt ?... because I'd really like to know.

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
OK, so should I buy Broadcom now ? DD-WRT development is, for all intents and purposes, a 2-guy job, with Kong being rarely active in the actual code development. So for the rest of us, non-Broadcom users, this is basically a 1-man job. Since that man (BS) is practically inactive on the forum (because he is for the last year or so AFAICT), and if non-registered users can't register on trac, then please tell me how can they reach this dev and make themselves heard ? I mean, practically, how do they do that ? I personally can't even manage to get my PMs to be read by him, and forget about receiving a response to any questions I have. I already tried that road, no go. And I'm not a new DD-WRT user and neither am I inactive. I post daily, as you can check, and I try to write no-nonsense. So is there a way out other than OpenWrt ?... because I'd really like to know.

I am not trying to start a debate with you or make any suggestions of what you should do. However, I have seen that a LOT of developer time in the past was spent dealing with NOOBs who think that they have stumbled on something (not suggesting that this is you) and expect that their misinformation, posts or PMs should be responded to personally by the developers, among the thousands of users who might wish their attention. In other words, trac should not be a vehicle to explain things to noobs that they lack the technical ability to understand, simply because they happen to see something as a bug and are given a method (TRAC) to demand attention to their (often non-) "issue".

And while Brainslayer might not be active in the forums, he is certainly active in doing what he does best, which is developing code for firmware that is available free for you to choose to use.And since he is not charging you for what he does, he is, IMO, fully entitled to set the terms of what he chooses to do, and how he chooses to do it.

And all of this is speculation. It could be that trac registration is just broken.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: