WDR-3600 Antenna Extension Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
linuxhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 14:24    Post subject: WDR-3600 Antenna Extension Cable Reply with quote
So, I purchased an identical router for a friend (wow, that's the 4th one of these I've purchased in the last month!) who is needing to use it for audio/lighting production use.

Specifically, he was trying to use an Airport Extreme but the 2.4 Ghz band was interfering with his wireless mic system which operates in the same range. Thus, he needed to disable the 2.4 Ghz broadcast but was unable to do it on the Apple router.

I checked my DD-WRT installation and sure enough you can disable 2.4 Ghz. I tried it and it worked. This should be the exact functionality that he needs.

However, he needs (if at all possible) to place the router in a box and have a small extension cable leading the antenna to the outside of the box and mounted outside.

He wants to use 5 Ghz and have it travel at maximum 100' in an open auditorium. I wouldn't think 5 Ghz would have a problem traveling this unobstructed distance as long as the antennas are placed optimally.

So I checked the "WiFi Pineapple" shop and noticed that some of their deluxe kits come with "SMA Extension Cables".

I take it that this must be a specification of coax cables. So I need something like this that will work with the WDR-3600 5 Ghz band. If it is on Amazon with 1 Day Prime shipping, that will be grand.
Sponsor
g17jimmy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
This cable has the proper ends, but you may be better served to get an antenna which has the cable length you desire rather than putting an extension on the existing antenna(s).

http://www.amazon.com/RP-SMA-Female-Antenna-Extension-Cable/dp/B0085X3PRE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: