New build --- 26125 --- 02/02/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allright. Driver version is now 10.0.0.303. Nothing changed. Do you need something special from DIR ? Wireless signal is good reported by windows. Connection speed is 300 but speed is half.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so the WiFi card is ruled out. Driver 10.0.0.303 is as good as it gets on Atheros.

I recommend flashing build 26348 on your DIR-615 D1, do a restore to factory defaults before and after flash from the current build that you have.
Use file dir615d-ddwrt-webflash.bin from here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/02-24-2015-r26348/dlink-dir615d/

Also make sure to use a manually set channel (I use Ch. 11 + Lower Extension ch.) and NG-Mixed in your router's WiFi settings. Also, WPA2 Personal with AES security.

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
-Factory reset from gui
-Updated to build 26348 and selected factory defaults after flash and inserted all basic settings by hand.
-Wpa2 aes
-channel 6(none used between 2-7 according to survey)
-wide 40mhz ht 20+20
-lower channel
-ng mixed
-tx power 100. Made no difference with 71

Result: an Hair faster. passed through 40 Cool
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
-Factory reset from gui
-Updated to build 26348 and selected factory defaults after flash and inserted all basic settings by hand.
-Wpa2 aes
-channel 6(none used between 2-7 according to survey)
-wide 40mhz ht 20+20
-lower channel
-ng mixed
-tx power 100. Made no difference with 71

Result: an Hair faster. passed through 40 Cool

Hmmm, it should do 70 Mb/s. Wait a minute... are u using it in regular AP mode or as a Repeater ? If I set mine as Repeater, then the speeds will be half (about 35 down, 40 up), obviously.

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using AP. Should I try to downgrade to original firmware and test speeds there ? Just to make sure.

In case you missed what speeds I've always had from wired lan to wireless. Mt = MB
Tried to turn off spi firewall for kicks. No issue there.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
WiFi-to-LAN speeds are usually high because there's no actual Firewall involved (both are on the same internal subnet).

So you say with Firewall turned off the WAN-to-WiFi speed is good ? 70 Mb/s ? Or I misread your statement ?

And yes, it might be a good idea to go back to stock firmware and check the WAN-to-WiFi speeds, just to make sure.

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I meant that with or without spi, speed is half.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
On router's Wireless status page what is the TX and RX connection speed with your PC ? Does it go up to 300 Mb/s ?
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
With latest original firmware 4.14 speeds varies a lot more and looks like it loses packets etc. But usually speed is 56MB. This kind of conection can not be used coz' it is really unreliable. DIR shows wlan connection speed to be 270 and windows shows 130. No wonder I replaced this to dd-wrt years years ago Very Happy

There is only one wall between pc and router. Wall is made from plasterboard.

Reverted back to dd-wrt build 26348. Status shows about same readings about wlan connection. tx rate 270, rx rate varies 100-270. Signal quality kinda poor 56? Windows still says perfect quality..

But what was weird. That after using original firmware and upgraded to dd-wrt. DD-wrt remembered old settings Question I used emergency room to downgrade firmware.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
It remembered the settings because nvram was not properly erased. You should do the 30/30/30 reset before and after any flash (even though some might say it's stupid to do this every time).
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, that figures.

Ran few tests this morning using laptop, htpc and this wlan desktop. Laptop can not achieve speeds over 50 with wired connection. It struggles with flash so much. That's okay. I use It's wlan wich is 20mhz N. Next was my htpc wich is connected only by wire. With that connected straight to zyxel modem wich is bridged I got

Next in turn was asus dls-n66u in ethernet wan mode

Then dir-615

So basic stuff wan to lan speed is working as it should.
Lastly tested wlan

What is odd too. Wireless speeds what I got with asus are exactly same as with dir. Even while asus box is lets say 2 meters closer than dir is.

wireless asus speed
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then the issue doesn't lie in the router. Anyway, it's strange, I don't have any other good idea for you to try at the moment.
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah. But by my limeted knowledge from these things. It is mystifying why traffic through nat and firewall is so much slower to wireless than it is for wired. And on the other hand, wireless speed is correct when traffic is only inside network when nat and firewall isn't needed. Even with two separate routers. Asus support didn't know anything to this. And other users are having same speed issues too.

Edit:
I even tested wlan speed from that zyxel modem. Turned it to an ap from bridged and got same less 40 speeds. I'm confused.
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Achieved giant leap Exclamation Rolling Eyes

How? By enabling Qos. Shocked This is what I got after enabling qos and set limits to 90 and 10 thousands

Ran it three times. On and off. With on speed is over 50 and with off speed is limited to under 40.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Achieved giant leap Exclamation Rolling Eyes

How? By enabling Qos. Shocked This is what I got after enabling qos and set limits to 90 and 10 thousands

Ran it three times. On and off. With on speed is over 50 and with off speed is limited to under 40.

Hmmm, strange. I don't know what to say to this. How do you connect on WAN ? To a modem/DHCP or a PPPoE connection ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: