USB flash drive can't be detected after soft reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 13:54    Post subject: USB flash drive can't be detected after soft reboot Reply with quote
I found that after I reboot my F5D8235-4 v2 from GUI, the USB flash drive can't be detected. It is OK if I do a hard reboot, i.e. unplugging the power. The USB flash drive is format with ext2. I don't see this problem with a USB hard-drive. It seems like it is device specific. Is there a work around to fix the problem? It is not a big deal as I can always do a hard reboot instead of a soft one but it is more convenience if soft reboot also works.

Update: I found that when the problem happened, sda disappeared on /dev i.e. apparently the usb flash drive is not detected after soft reboot. I also found that this happened to that particular usb flash drive but not others. I tried other brand of usb flash drive and the problem is not happening.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: