Problems with Crotalus Router. Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
agr1971gal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:30    Post subject: Problems with Crotalus Router. Please help. Reply with quote
Hi, mates! This is my first topic so please, forgive me if I failed choosing this thread, but I din't know if it would fit my question.

I recently bought a new Crotalus Router. Definitely, it's a good device and I configured it as the last one I had and worked fine but it failed when I tried to configure a MAC address filter.

The fact is that I need to make possible wireless net connection up to 200 netbooks/laptops roughly; usual password WPA connection isn't an option since the net will be used by unreliable low-skill users that can spread the password.

Few MACs were accepted (two, three...) and the system worked as it was expected: blocking not allowed notebooks and accepted the other ones. But,increasing the MAC list up to the firsts 144 laptops, the router itself collapsed and the only way out was to reboot the router.

Could the problem be an internal software bug? Maybe a hardware flaw? I thought a firmware update could solve the problem but it is actually updated at V24sp2 dd-wrt version. Perhaps the previous stable V24sp1 version is the solution? In the other hand, I haven't found out a proper compatibility between Crotalus and other makes so that I don't know what V24sp1 version must be downloaded to update my Crotalus router, although I could know it is build with a Ralink RT3052F.

If you can help me, thank you in advance. Excuse my poor English; still learning. Smile
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: