Buffalo WHR-300-HP2 : Stuck and would appreciate help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
kamleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 22:55    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-300-HP2 : Stuck and would appreciate help! Reply with quote
Hi - I have a WHR-300-HP2D which I was trying to upgrade with newer firmware and now am stuck and not sure what to do. I'm not a total noob, but let's say just one level above.

Story starts with me inadvertently "upgrading" it with the Buffalo easy firmware from their website as I didn't notice the difference between HP2 and HP2D (yes that was stupid)

I then flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/27/14) std buld 25179 downloaded from /others/eko/Brainslayer-V24-preSP2/2014/../buffalo_300hp2-webflash.bin using the webgui. (I actually tried using TFTP with Max OSX as well but could not get it to work and then found from the forum that some people had succeeded with the webgui).

Successfully I thought! So DD-WRT is up on the router, wireless is being broadcast, I can access the firmware and make changes.

But - no WAN (IP 0.0.0.0) so no internet obviously. MAC addresses seem to check out. The MAC address for the LAN matches the label on the machine. The MAC address for the WAN is not the same as that for the LAN though, don't know if that is a problem. The "bridged" checkbox is checked in the firmware.

I notice the router takes a long time to start up, and cycles about 4 times before I see solid lights...don't know if that is normal, but I don't see it on my other routers.

Now, thinking I had messed up the load I tried to reload with version 25273 from the same eko directory. It did not work. I get the firmware upgrading message, but it just sticks at the 25179 build.

So...now I am stuck with this with no internet and cannot change firmware to anything that works, and would really appreciate some help either to get the internet working on this build, which would be fine, or figuring out how to load it with any build 24716 or higher. (Why that build? Because I am in China and my VPN provider requires that to make the VPN work with the new chinese firewall)

Would really appreciate any help and advice.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the three broadcom forum announcements. Put stock firmware on the router and.try again. Post in the proper forum for.your router chipset. See the wiki for.how to do anything.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
kamleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you! I did read the announcements, promise...but yes, obviously didn't check properly on the chipset.

Meantime I have reverted back to Buffalo DDWRT software, which doesn't quite do what I want, but at least the router works now! Very Happy

Thanks for being gentle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: