Multi WLAN (Guest Network) on WZR-D1800H

mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 18:30    Post subject: Multi WLAN (Guest Network) on WZR-D1800H Reply with quote
I am having issue on the VAP I setup. The DHCP portion works. Clients connected to the VAP are getting DHCP address but it will not route through the WAN to get Internet.

I am using the Multi WLAN guide... but as most guides on dd-wrt can be outdated.

My unit is as follows:

Code:

Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Firmware Version
 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) giga - build 25697

The guide I am following is:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs

and I am not certain about the part pertaining to "Restricting Access" particularly the part about. Not sure if this still applies

Code:
Enable NAT on the WAN port to correct a bug in builds over 17000
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`

if anyone have any suggestion as to why I am not able to route to WAN from the VAP. please advise

Thank you!
Sponsor
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah I guess that was the misleading part... I put in that NAT forwarding and it does work.

I guess now the other part I am not too sure about is the blocking BR1 from accessing BR0 but still have internet. There is a note saying do not use in WAP.. but it's a WAP.... so confusing with the WIKI for DD-WRT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: