Ubiquity Air Router

webper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 22:15    Post subject: Ubiquity Air Router Reply with quote
Hello-
I have a Ubiquity AirRouter with
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std
I am trying to use Services:HotSpot:NoCatSplash
and sometimes everything works fine and sometimes it doesn't work or it works for some users and not others.
Like I said sometimes I can login and I get the Terms and Conditions page, sometimes (after rebooting to clear my MAC's address) I just log straight onto the internet, and sometimes I simply cannot login or it takes a long time.
I have kept the config very simple- the login page is accessible via the net, no DHCPmasq, just got it as simple as I can and still things are not reliable...
We are going to deploy the router without the NoCatSplash enabled and see how that works then I'll enable NoCatSplash once I've heard back from someone here...
I can answer any questions you might need to ask.

Thank you,

Peter
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
u should trx newer betas which have nocat/chilli fixes
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply. Not wanting to brick the air router can you tell me which and where to get a beta version? Please? Also will I need to register and get a new installation code? So far very little has worked using dd-wrt. None of the IP forwarding works- so port 80 is for the motel's camera's and that works fine with a Ubiquity AirRouter but once it is flashed with dd-wrt both 8080 and 80 go to the dd-wrt flashed air router...both login to the router. Using a regular AirRouter the forwarding works just fine. I've given up as it just does not work.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
update and test again.

read:

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
where do I find newer firmware please? I looked for an hour and could find nothing newer than what I have installed...

Peter
webper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 21:11    Post subject: never mind Reply with quote
I found it...
webper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 14:50    Post subject: Okay new firmware but same problems Reply with quote
So I installed the latest firmware but still having the same problems:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/05/15) std
I guess my question is this:
Is there anyone out there using a Ubiquity airRouter with dd-wrt that is working correctly?
I changed the login port from 80 to 8080 but it still logs using 80...the NoCatSplash still does not work (now it never seems to work). The airRouter works fine when I do not use dd-wrt- that is I have another router working at the hotel not using dd-wrt and it logs in to port 8080, port forwarding works, everything works but the hotel needs the Terms and Conditions page...that's how this started...
Any ideas or can someone login and check my work? It's on the 'net and I can supply address and password information...

Peter.
webper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 14:13    Post subject: pretty sure Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the software provided by dd-wrt sucks. Not only have I RTFM and STFW I followed the installation instructions meticulously only to find that this stuff doesn't work. So then I did STFW on DD-WRT and most people say don't use it! It doesn't work. So no wonder the help I asked for never materialized! All I got was rude, unhelpful and immature answers from Sash. Which is fine. It's your company and you get to run it as you please. But I get to vote with my wallet so I'll cancel the credit card payment today for the software I purchased that does not work as advertised and go with WorldSpot instead.

And you have a nice day!

Peter Skeels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: