Odd Repeater setup

falsus nomen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 22:00    Post subject: Odd Repeater setup Reply with quote
So, there is a public Xfinity AP open down the street, that I can BARELY reach from the house. The problem is the authentication piece. I have a valid account, however, I can't log in. The public wifi is open, with a redirect to a login page.

Configuration: Cisco E3000, set as Repeater, with Virtual interfaces. Connect to the xfinitywifi SSID, have virtual interfaces rebroadcasting my own SSID, authentication and DHCP.

Ideal configuration would be to have the router use the xfinity wifi as a WAN port, to get DHCP, and then have some sort of cron job to Log me in. Then on my LAN side, broadcast my own internal signal, with DHCP, mac filtering, and authentication, so that I would not be making myself a public repeater.

Anybody have any ideas on the best way to set this up?
Sponsor
falsus nomen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I can solve that with wget and a cron job.

The other issue is that as a "client" setup, there is no option for virtual interfaces.
So, I can bridge it only to wired, not to wireless. The only way I can figure out is to use the 2.4 as a bridge, set some vlans, and plug a cable from lan into the wan port. Then maybe a 2nd dhcp config with the 5ghz doing an internal broadcast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: