Wired connection that randomly drops

wgcooley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 13:27    Post subject: Wired connection that randomly drops Reply with quote
I am baffled why a DD-WRT router would drop a wired connection. I spent hours troubleshooting and researching. Please help.

Background:
I have two identical WNDR3700v2 routers connected with Cat5e. One serves as an Wi-Fi access point and has DHCP turned off (let's call it the access point or AP). The other has the Wi-Fi turned off and routes for the five wired connections in the house. The AP has a static IP and all other devices have static leases. The setup worked fine for 1 year before acting up.

Problem Statement:
Once or twice a day, the access point looses connection to the router; attached Wi-Fi devices loose internet connectivity. However, if I unplug the AP Ethernet cable and plug it back in, connectivity between the devices is restored immediately.

Troubleshooting:
I tried a different AP (WRT54gl) and the same problem persists.

Extra Services Running on Router:
I have lighhttp, miniDLNA, and a firewall ad-blocking script.

What else can I do to troubleshoot? I appreciate any help you can provide.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wrong forum. Please read and follow all advice in the first post in this forum. Thx.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: