New build --- 26424 --- 03/02/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:27    Post subject: New build --- 26424 --- 03/02/2015 Reply with quote
New build 26424 - 03/02/2015 available: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/03-02-2015-r26424/

Selected changelog (since 26405) from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279468 :

Your reports for Ralink/Mediatek routers are highly appreciated !!
Router Model:
Reset:
Errors:

Last edited by KrypteX on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:42; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Dir-615 D1
Reset: 30/30/30 and after flash reset from gui
Errors: Still half speed from wan to wlan.

Now QOS does not affect that much, maybe not at all. Speed is ~41MB/s.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Router Model: Dir-615 D1
Reset: 30/30/30 and after flash reset from gui
Errors: Still half speed from wan to wlan.

Now QOS does not affect that much, maybe not at all. Speed is ~41Mb/s.

41 Mbps seems to be only HT20, not HT40. Please check on main DD-WRT page for the Wireless Client field, what does it say, HT20 or HT40 ?

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sounds that my extremely reliable DIR is somehow broken.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use N-Only. Use NG-Mixed. Also, if you have Auto Channel selection, then please set Manually the Channel number (e.g. 6+Lower extension channel).
Also, in the Atheros driver, go to the Advanced tab in windows and check if there are any settings with "Wide channel" or HT40 or 40 MHz width or smth similar. You should set it to HT40 if it's only @ HT20.
If still no go, then I really have no idea where's the problem.

Another issue might be your computer's BIOS, is it up-to-date ?

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately there is like nothing to adjust in advanced tab. Few buffers and preamble.

Bios is latest. I'll try ng mixed. Channel is set manually. I wish I could loan another pc etc to test with.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I couldn't get HT40 to work on my Atheros unit...HT20 (Full 20MHz)worked fine...I ended up going back to 26138 ultimately when the 2.4GHz band would randomly drop.

IMHO....26424 has serious issues still.

redhawk

Last edited by redhawk0 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:57; edited 1 time in total
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Unfortunately there is like nothing to adjust in advanced tab. Few buffers and preamble.

Bios is latest. I'll try ng mixed. Channel is set manually. I wish I could loan another pc etc to test with.

Yes, I would try with a laptop which has N150 or N300 WiFi card in it.

KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
I couldn't get HT40 to work on my Atheros unit...HT20 (Full 20MHz)worked fine...I ended up going back to 26138 ultimately when the 2.4GHz band would randomly drop.

IMHO....26424 has serious issues still.

redhawk

Exactly what router model and what Client did you test on 26424 ? This is Ralink section... AFAIK you have mostly Broadcom routers, or am I mistaken ?

redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

Exactly what router model and what Client did you test on 26424 ? This is Ralink section... AFAIK you have mostly Broadcom routers, or am I mistaken ?

For Atheros I tested on WHR-600DHP....connecting to it with Broadcom units running 5GHz radios as well...couldn't connect on the 5GHz side at all when set to HT40.

I also have several MediaTek units (lumped into this forum) WHR-300HP2 units.

My point was...there seems to be some severe flaws in the builds >263xxx that have been released.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

For Atheros I tested on WHR-600DHP....connecting to it with Broadcom units running 5GHz radios as well...couldn't connect on the 5GHz side at all when set to HT40.

I also have several MediaTek units (lumped into this forum) WHR-300HP2 units.

My point was...there seems to be some severe flaws in the builds >263xxx that have been released.

redhawk

I can connect to the 5GHz WiFi of my Atheros-based WNDR3800 with my laptop having an Intel WiFi card and also with another laptop with Atheros WiFi card, both connecting @ HT40, without issues.

The severe flaws that you observe are most probably due to flaws in the Broadcom-based builds exclusively, and not with Atheros or MediaTek. Correct me if I'm wrong.

redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well...my laptop couldn't connect to the 600DHP when set to HT40...then once I set it back to "Full 20MHz" I could connect...But my transfer speeds were very slow. About 1/5th normal speeds. I switched over to the 2.4GHz radio connected to the laptop. Full speeds returned but...after about an hour the connection dropped...then reconnected.

It was then that I determined to switch back to 26138.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread....I'll stop now with Athero talk.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did some testing again Very Happy With build 23204 I'll have wlan speeds just over 50. Windows is giving me connection speed of 150 and so is dd-wrt. Tried to use special commandline commands to raise speed. But code rejected lines.

iwpriv ra0 set HtTxStream=2
iwpriv ra0 set HtRxStream=2
iwpriv ra0 set HtBssCoexApCntThr=10

I also tried way older code too. 17xxx. At there connection speeds were too slow right away Very Happy Noticed that cpu usage was way lower than it is with these 2xxx codes. Was the meter broken earlier or is it just me? Maybe I'll should stick to this code.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK...with KrypteX help I got things worked out with my Atheros unit...now running 26424.

Thanx for your assistance...I recant all that I've said about this build in this thread.

much appreciated for teaching an old dog new tricks.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
I did some testing again Very Happy With build 23204 I'll have wlan speeds just over 50. Windows is giving me connection speed of 150 and so is dd-wrt. Tried to use special commandline commands to raise speed. But code rejected lines.

iwpriv ra0 set HtBssCoexApCntThr=10

I also tried way older code too. 17xxx. At there connection speeds were too slow right away Very Happy Noticed that cpu usage was way lower than it is with these 2xxx codes. Was the meter broken earlier or is it just me? Maybe I'll should stick to this code.

A very good build for DIR-615 D and H models was 23320. I used that build for several months, worked perfectly fine with the following 4 lines added and saved in Administration -> Commands (+reboot, of course):
Code:
sleep 20
sleep 5

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: