NEW DEVICE: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
XenolithicYardZone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok a year on since my last dd-wrt flash failure http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1038442#1038442, I decided to give it another go but same problems persist only now I can't even revert to stock using the Tftpd32 method.

When I get to the hold Reset button and power on part, the router doesn't pull the firmware from the tftp server. Also quite a few times, the server interface changed from 192.168.0.66 to 127.0.0.1 software loop on its own.

Things I have tried:
Different tftp servers.
Different firmware versions.
Moving the lan and wlan cable positions around.
Disconnecting the router from the modem.
While holding the Reset button, sticking the power cable in as opposed to powering it on from the spikeguard.
Renaming wr740v5_tp_recovery.bin to wr740nv5_tp_recovery.bin.

Unfortunately nothing's worked so far. For a while though, entering 192.168.1.1 took me to my modem's config page but my net wasn't working. I had to remove the router and connect my PC directly to the modem.

Someone please help. Thanks.
Sponsor
redrose84817
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02    Post subject: Re: NEW DEVICE: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v5 Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Latest logistics from China delivered to me TL-WR740Nv5.
Let me share pics and news:

At first glance this is a AR9331-AL3A as v4 is. The flash chip is WINBOND 25032FVSIG/1446 and memory chip is ZENTEL A3S56D40GTP-50L/444ZEN75.
Looks much like its v4 predecessor and the most important changes are:
1) no ON/OFF button
2) power is now 5V with a very small connector
3) no QSS button
4) reset button is now bigger and accessible without sharp tools

I have a strong suspicion that I may easily modify the v4 image and make it work there since I may only need to edit its header with mktplinkfw and it should work. I will make a try in the next days and also share boot logs when I read the serial.
vishalkh100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
XenolithicYardZone wrote:

"So I flashed the firmware uploaded by checho and the flashing process went fine. Got a flash successful message and the router rebooted but now I can't access the router homepage and there's no WiFi. Now, even though my ethernet cable's connected to my PC via the router, I have internet access and my Xperia picks up the Wifi network named DDWRT and it even says its connected but there's no WiFi."

Something Similar is the problem with me... When I changed my PPPoE username and password, the router shows applying and does nothing. I lose access to the webgui after that. I thought my router is bricked but after resetting twice or thrice, I was able to access the webGUI. Then used a 'revert to stock' file to get to the stock firmware... I really want to use DD-WRT ... Can anyone please help? What is it that I'm doing wrong? [I even waited for 3 mins atleast after each reset or update...]
s3n0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmsigler wrote:
IanH wrote:
I didn't see this mentioned above but my WR740Nv5 states that is it a WR740Nv4 in the DD-WRT status page (after I had installed v5 firmware)

This issue is known and (it goes without saying) doesn't cause any problems as it's just a text label.

I'm not sure if developers are aware of it or want to bother changing the label to fix this.

Clemmitt

Hi guys! Agrrrrr... The same problem here. I got into tl-wr740n-v5 router the dd-wrt firmware ver. 31924 and also see on the status page v4 because my router is v5.
Smile

suniltg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
I have created a #26446 firmware for TL-WR740Nv5.
That's the official BrainSlayer beta for TL-WR740Nv4 but with a modified header. It worked on me and I am now testing the router.

ANY RISK IS YOURS:
Although I tested that file and didn't brick my router please keep in mind that this is not an official developer build. I am NOT responsible for anything that may happen if you decide to flash it. If you don't know what you would do please wait until DEV's create official build for that device.

I can confirm that this is working well with my TL-WR740N V5. Flashed this, and I have set it up as the Wireless repeater under my primary router which is a WDR3600 also running DD-WRT.

Thanks checho for this firmware!
fcwilder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26    Post subject: ftp link? Reply with quote
cheesedog wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
it is supported already..look at the ftp link below

Thanks! I'll give it a try! Any idea whether that build incorporates the ROUTE target for iptables?

I was just looking at this thread but there are no links that I could ascertain.

Is it possible to get that link for the v5 international reposted?
avisponrock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks checho.

Good job Very Happy
hemantbeast1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, Does anyone know which is the stable version to use for Tp-Link tl wr740n v5 right now? I've tried the latest beta but I'm not able to set the wireless password. It got freeze when selecting wpa2 personal AES.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: