WiFi Password Trouble on Linksys E4200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dreslick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20    Post subject: WiFi Password Trouble on Linksys E4200 Reply with quote
Hello,

I am working with the 2.4 / 5.0 GHz WLAN (wl1) on the Cisco Linksys E4200 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/07/14) kingkong (SVN revision 22000M).

The wl0 interface (2.4 GHz only) works fine (with TKIP+AES encryption).

I am using wl1 to create a separate WLAN for public access. I get an appropriate IP address and have internet access without any security. However, when I connect with any encryption enabled, the connecting device gets an "Incorrect Password" message. I have made sure the passwords match, have tried different passwords, different SSID / password combinations - I can't seem to get it to work.

I saw somewhere that there was a bug in an earlier build. Is this the same thing here, or have I missed something (simple)? If I need to back up to an earlier build, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for reading through this!
dreslick
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please read the three forum announcements. Change your build and use wpa2-aes only.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
dreslick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for answering that question. I thought I had read the Peacock carefully I don't know how the updating / building process works. I use OpenVPN to dial into my office occasionally. Is build 14929 susceptible to Heartbleed? I love that build on my wrt54GL. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: