SOLVED Non DD-WRT -- Deliberant APC 5M - Country legislati

npaisnel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:18    Post subject: SOLVED Non DD-WRT -- Deliberant APC 5M - Country legislati Reply with quote
EDIT:
If any one else comes across this with a Deliberant Router, and needs to ramp up the power a bit for testing etc then since version v 5.78 firmware they added a Compliance testing mode that disables all regulatory limits. This allows all frequencies and max power output, controlled by a slider bar .

I'd not recommend running at the full power mode of 29dBm continuously . I have no idea if it is sustainable, hardware wise, plus reduced life span, interference it may cause to with others etc. But for initial setup , it is great to help align antennas over distance. Then once setup, and a link created, then dropping back down to your local county regs has to be down to remain legal.

Just wondering if any one knew much about country legislation in relation to power levels.

I am currently setting up a Deliberant APC 5m 90 and 5M- 18 pair as a bridge.

I am in an isolated area with no other wifi signals showing on any of the site scans so have ruled out interference from other stations. No one else for a few miles around the site any way.

There is a bit of a tree line between the two sites, which has to be the problem, the distance is only about 2km between sites.

Get reasonable signal levels and speeds , but it could be better.
I see that other countries have different power levels and max Nn channel data rates. I see when I select some countries I get maxed at 140Mbs and 2dBm.

The unit (APC-5M-90 is specced to up to 29 dBm.

Just wonders if any one knew what country settings give the higher power limits.

I am in the process of going through various country settings, but there is a lot of them

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: