Port Forwarding and DMZ

jdmoore0883
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 16:47    Post subject: Port Forwarding and DMZ Reply with quote
Hey Guys!

I couldn't find any definitive answer to this question... While I *THINK* I know the answer, I would like to get some confirmation/denial to my thoughts.

So let's say I have some port forwards on ports 22 and 80 going in to an internal Server1, these work fine. Now, if I put Server2 in the DMZ as defined in the WebUI, would all other incoming packets be forwarded to Server2 while ports 22 and 80 get forwarded to Server1?

Thanks!
Sponsor
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, that's a great question. I'm not sure but it should be easy to test. But if I had to take a guess, if you have something in the DMZ, that will take precedence over any of the port forwards. I bet though you could bypass the GUI altogether and basically write some type of command that will apply the first few port forward rules to go to one place and then take all other port requests and forward them someplace else. Just my .02.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: