VPN Questions--is this possible?

tristanlxboyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 17:39    Post subject: VPN Questions--is this possible? Reply with quote
1st Post; tried looking for answers, couldn't find a post that fit my question.

DD-WRT looks really great, but before I flash it to my router (Buffalo WZR-D1800H), I wanted to know if my plans are possible.

I want to use DD-WRT to manage my VPN connections for 1 PC on my network as well as a streaming device (Roku 3). The router I'd like to install DD-WRT on is a "sub-router" (not sure the technical term; it's plugged in to my main router, has the address 192.168.2.2, and is used to put more ethernet devices on the main network as well as to expand the wifi network range).

I want the router to send all my torrent traffic on my media server PC through the VPN. I also want it to use the VPN for any communications between my media server (which is using Plex and has the BBC iPlayer channel installed) and the IPs that host BBC content.

In addition, I want traffic between those BBC servers and my Roku 3 to go through the VPN.

Is this sort of setup possible with DD-WRT? I'd like to know that before I try to research how to do it.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: