Hardware support for ASUS RT-N65U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
EatingInternet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18    Post subject: Hardware support for ASUS RT-N65U Reply with quote
I'm looking to see if anyone is working for hardware support for the asus rt-n65u. It's a decent router with attractive features, but the firmware is limited, and the only alternative is Padavan's custom firmware, but I vastly prefer dd-wrt's firmware. I know there have been a couple posts some years ago, but I really would like to see support for this device, and it seems possible, just that no one is on it (as far as I know). Is someone working on it? If not will it ever get a build?
Sponsor
adellaci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:28    Post subject: another option Reply with quote
Did you check this post? There is a firmware there you might want to try.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162622&highlight=rtn65u
EatingInternet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I checked the post as I mentioned in my original post, but I prefer DD-WRT's firmware much more, as it has many more features like QoS (yes, Padavan's (the alternative in the forum) doesn't even has QoS) and a proper DDNS system with freedns support. It's alright , but I'd really like to see dd-wrt on this router.

ninja edit: Padavan's says it supports freedns, but for the life of me there's no documentation and I can't seem to get it working. I've tried almost everything, please don't try to help, because there's a 98% chance I already tried it.
EatingInternet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm begging a dev, please. I'm tearing my hair out with Padavan and stock. I'd pay you money, what little I have. PLEASE. There's a lot of users out there with this router who'd love dd-wrt. The router has a bunch of potential. Padavan doesn't come close to dd-wrt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: