New build --- 26653 --- 04/09/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 14:51    Post subject: New build --- 26653 --- 04/09/2015 Reply with quote
New build 26653 - 04/09/2015 available: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/04-09-2015-r26653/

Selected changelog (since 26635) from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279468 :
    [639,643] Upd: Kernel 3.18.11, 4.0-rc7
    [637]*Fix: Run AP in 802.11n mode, even if STA connected to legacy AP http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4064
    [646] Fix: Static calls for SSL functions
    [640-642,647-648] Fix: QoS

Your reports for Ralink/Mediatek routers are highly appreciated !!
Router Model:
Reset:
Errors:

Last edited by KrypteX on Sun May 10, 2015 6:37; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
yoder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 22:10    Post subject: Build 26653 fails on WHR-300HP2 Reply with quote
Router Model: Buffalo WHR-300HP2
Reset: 30/30/30
Errors: WAN interface unable to connect. (DHCP client unable to get address.)

The description I gave for previous build applies equally to the behavior of this build on my hardware. In other words it appears that the interfaces are set up slightly different in the unbranded version of dd-wrt when compared to the setup within the Buffalo branded version.

The Buffalo firmware shows the same MAC address for all of the defined interfaces except for "apcli0," which differs in the last octet. When I look at the MAC address of the WAN interface on the Buffalo firmware, it shows the same MAC address that appears for LAN MAC.

On the unbranded firmware however the MAC addresses assigned to the interfaces appear slightly different. In this case all of the interfaces shown with the "ifconfig -a" command are identical to the MAC addresses show by the same command for the Buffalo firmware except for VLAN2. In this case the MAC address for VLAN2 is the same MAC as shown for "apcli0." In the GUI the unbranded firmware shows the same MAC address for LAN settings, but for WAN the MAC address is changed to be equal to the setting given only to "apcli0" interface in the Buffalo firmware.

-Gil
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's normal, I have the same on all routers.
yoder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
It's normal, I have the same on all routers.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try capturing traffic on the WAN port to determine whether it is actually requesting a DHCP address.

Gil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: