Support Request: TP-LINK Archer C20i v1

Nikita2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 15:46    Post subject: Support Request: TP-LINK Archer C20i v1 Reply with quote
This is a VERY promising Router to install DDWRT on it. Has lots of FLASH, RAM and Wifi Power.

TP-LINK Archer C20i V1
FCC ID: TE7C20I
CPU1: MediaTek MT7620A (580 MHz)
FLA1: 16 MiB (Brand? SPI)
RAM1: 64 MiB (ESMT Model?)

WikiDev Link:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C20i

Im more than willing to donate a Router for you guys, i have sent in the past. I can either donate $$$ so you can buy one or ship it via UPS/DHL/Fedex, etc.
Sponsor
oscaram14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59    Post subject: Support pettion for Archer C2 Reply with quote
This is a promising router, it would be good to have DD-WRT support for it and his big brother the Archer C2 model.
Nikita2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Devs, please let me know if you're interested. I can send one of these units your way.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
the main dev rarely comes on these forums anymore..its better to email him directly to inform him ur willing to donate a unit for support & if theres anything else that should be done he'd probably tell u there. but with the hardware it has in it, it is supportable

there was a comment said a while back somewhere on the forums that they prefer to be aware of a unit being sent to them, something about the deutsche post/german customs sometimes questioning them (ddwrt company) about a package they opened for inspection, something along those lines, it was vaguely said

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

infantinojoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 17:13    Post subject: Re: Support pettion for Archer C2 Reply with quote
oscaram14 wrote:
This is a promising router, it would be good to have DD-WRT support for it and his big brother the Archer C2 model.

I agree with you, have you news about the development of firmware for this device? I have seen that progress has been made with open-wrt.
Do you think this device can have in a future ddwrt firmware?
In beta ddwrt, I found nothing about c2 and c20i. Sad
johnkeates
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a MediaTek device, which means that there is almost zero information on how to build stuff for it or add drivers to actually support ethernet and WiFi.

Most developers won't be trying to add support for this device because there simply is no good way to work with it and their time is better spent on stuff that works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: