TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2 & TL-WDR3600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
OnTarget
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 19:26    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2 & TL-WDR3600 Reply with quote
There seems to be a major bug when using DD-WRT with these two routers.

With factory firmware, the W-Fi hardware works flawlessly. TX Rate between 140 Mbps and 300 Mbps is normal.

As soon as the units get flashed with DD-WRT, the Wi-Fi TX rate drops to 5 Mbps, sometimes can get it up to 59 Mbps.

The range sucks. Throughput sucks. This is using default settings (no changes after loading the FW) and after customizing.

I've tried builds dating back to October, 2014, up to the most current and there is no change.

Again, putting the factory firmware back on the units brings them back to life so I don't believe there are hardware faults. Also, the 1043 is out of the box new.

Is there a known issue with these units?
Sponsor
skadarnold
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I fought this issue with TP-Link routers for months trying to figure out why it worked perfectly at TP Link stock firmware but crapped out with DD-WRT. The solution that finally worked for me was to switch the wifi security mode from TKIP to AES only. I noticed this is how it is also set in the stock firmware. Ever since I have done this on my TP-Link routers with DD-WRT I have been completely drop out free and the ranges seem to finally work correctly as well.

Hopefully this solution works for others as well.
OnTarget
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
skadarnold wrote:
I fought this issue with TP-Link routers for months trying to figure out why it worked perfectly at TP Link stock firmware but crapped out with DD-WRT. The solution that finally worked for me was to switch the wifi security mode from TKIP to AES only. I noticed this is how it is also set in the stock firmware. Ever since I have done this on my TP-Link routers with DD-WRT I have been completely drop out free and the ranges seem to finally work correctly as well.

Hopefully this solution works for others as well.

I noticed something similar, however, I performed a 30/30/30 on both units and got them back to life with DD-WRT.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
set ur wifi properly atheros wiki below

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

modenet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you suggest me wdr3600 or wr1043nd v2 for use as router ?
I no need 5ghz wifi support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: