TP-Link WDR3600 is running fine, but no WebGUI, ssh, telnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
znaeb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:47    Post subject: TP-Link WDR3600 is running fine, but no WebGUI, ssh, telnet Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I downloaded the last stable version of DD-WRT from the Database and flashed it to my WDR3600. Internet via ADSL Modem, WLAN, Guest WLAN, dynamical DNS update, ...
Everything is working fine. Last week, I wanted to disable WAN ssh access. I don't remember exactly what I did, but since that I have no more access to the router from both, WAN and LAN. No WebGUI, no ssh, no telnet. Is it possible, that I disabled ANY access?

I could try a router reset, but I have not saved the setting. Can anyone help with any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44    Post subject: DO NOT USE THE ROUTER DATABASE Reply with quote
Step 1: Don't use the out of date router database.
Step 2: get a USB-TTL device, it must support 3.3V.
Step 3: Check out these threads:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=942963

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=42016

Also for dd-wrt use this link: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

I am using the latest version on my WDR3600.
znaeb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your answer.

You think the router is bricked? But it's still working as I set it up. The only thing that is NOT working is the direct access. So if I don't want to change any settings in the future, there would be no problem.

I am a little bit confused...
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:47    Post subject: New firmware version Reply with quote
You need to upgrade the firmware some how on the device. I would look into TFTP first and if that fails then try serial.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49    Post subject: Hard reset and webupgrade Reply with quote
Also try a 30-30-30, hard reset. Hold the reset button for 30 secs, unplug the device while still holding the reset button for 30 secs, then plug in the device while still holding the reset button for a final 30 secs. This will erase all settings on the device. Then try to access the gui on 192.168.1.1
If you did the reset correctly it should ask you for a username and password. After you type one in, go to ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/04-09-2015-r26653/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/ and download the webflash file. Upgrade via the webupgrade at 192.168.1.1. Do not change any settings before upgrading, make sure to reset to default when upgrading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: