USR5461 compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
marksoccer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tftp'd ddwrt v24 micro to my USR5461 and thought I had totally bricked it. Then I realized that instead of the default ip of 192.168.2.1, it was listening on 192.168.1.1. However, it would not assign ip's and would only respond to pings and tftp for about the first 2 seconds after it was turned on. I was then able to revert back to the original firmware. I would love to get dd-wrt or openwrt on the USR5461, but I don't know what else to try.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
tftp the latest v24 relese to the device.
asign a static ip to you pc.
connect to the webif. maybe you will have to try one of the other ethernet ports
get us
- save settings file
- cfe ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/CFE_backup#by_web_interface )

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 22:18    Post subject: Installed then failed Reply with quote
So I had this installed and working for about 5 minutes on my USR router. I was on the website, and all the lights were correct. I went to change the user name and password, and then it wouldn't allow me to log in with the old or the new, so I did the hard reset, hold 30, unplug, hold 30, plug in, hold 30, let reset for 10-15 and then unplug for 10. I could no longer ping at 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1. I had no access to anything. The lights are normal, and it does not do DHCP so I've been trying with static addresses. Is there a good way to unbrick this? Thank you.
marksoccer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried flashing the newest v24 micro edition again. I still cannot access the web interface or telnet from any port. I tried backing up cfe, but could not. At the moment I cannot ping or tftp, it seems I have bricked my router again. I was reading on some of the openwrt forums that the usr firmware for this router is opensource, I dont know if that helps any. I tried to download a modified firmware from the forum, but it looks like it is no longer hosted at the spot where it was posted. Anyways, I should probably get back to trying to debrick my router.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
both of you.
have you tried accessing the router via wlan?

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I did try accessing it via wlan, but nothing changed. I just figured out why it was not accepting tftp requests. The router's ip was 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1. Any idea why it changed? I was able to flash back the original firmware. Let me know if there is anything else I could try.
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I finally got into it on the regular switch ports, but then I setup my wireless and low and behold, the router is not accessible again. I am able to click the reset and reflash it using TFTP, but after the flash, it never gets to pinging again. I get a wireless light on, so I am thinking it boots, but the only pings I get are after reset for 4 times of 100. Then it drops, so I can reflash it, but it does me no good.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
marksoccer wrote:
Yes, I did try accessing it via wlan, but nothing changed. I just figured out why it was not accepting tftp requests. The router's ip was 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1. Any idea why it changed? I was able to flash back the original firmware. Let me know if there is anything else I could try.

cause 192.168.1.1 is ddwrt standard ip...also for tftping

gamerayers wrote:
Yes, I finally got into it on the regular switch ports, but then I setup my wireless and low and behold, the router is not accessible again. I am able to click the reset and reflash it using TFTP, but after the flash, it never gets to pinging again. I get a wireless light on, so I am thinking it boots, but the only pings I get are after reset for 4 times of 100. Then it drops, so I can reflash it, but it does me no good.

do a fresh install and plz give us
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/CFE_backup#by_web_interface
and the "save settings" file

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I need to re-explain. I can ping my router for brief periods of times after reset with a ttl of 100. I can reflash it, with success, and it appears to go through all the details including turning the wireless lamp on, but I never receive a ttl ping of 64 and the ttl ping of 100 goes away after flashing. I have my PC set to 192.168.1.100 and I ping 192.168.1.1.

I have tried a couple different flashes of dd-wrt and open-wrt for the USR 5461. I have seen the website twice, but as soon as I save settings on it, I can't access the router again. I cannot get it to ping what-so-ever after the boot up. Thank you.
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upon waiting for a reply I have been successfully able to TFTP flash the firmware of usr 5430 onto my usr5432. I cannot get it to communicate to my other router, but that could be some problems I have.

Now, what I did find out is there is two versions of the usr 5461, one has an A after it, I have the older non-a version. I was able to revert back to the orignal USR firmware and access the website, then tried to come to the newer version, and yet again, no ping.
marksoccer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I realize that 192.168.1.1 is a standard for ddwrt, that is why I was confused that after I had flashed ddwrt, it was listening on 192.168.2.1. Maybe it did not flash correctly.
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
marksoccer, do you have version A or the regular one? My FCC ID is IXM-RTGNR02. I don't know if that helps. I tried searching the FCC site, and well, that is about useless for me.
marksoccer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I might have the A, my IC is 550A-XXXXX and my FCC ID is IXM-XXXXXXX
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody wits serial console?? Or at least if you can give me telnet access to it when loaded with dd-wrt?
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope that is the same FCC and IC numbers I have.

If I had telnet access I could atleast do something with it. Sorry.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: