USR5461 compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
marksoccer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I saw that someone enabled telnetd on the stock firmware on one of the openwrt forums, but the link they had to the modified firmware seems to be broken. If you had telnet access on the stock firmware, would that be any help?
Sponsor
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried versions of Open-wrt, dd-wrt, and x-wrt. I can get firmwares installed (after like 30 flashes), but they don't seems to work correctly. With DD-wrt, I flash and when I change settings the router reboots, and is no longer accessible. With x-wrt, the firmware flashes, and the reboots, things seem okay, but the website takes hours to try to load. I can telnet into it, but can't do any commands because it hangs. Open-wrt just doesn't work. I always have to flash things multiple times where my usr5432 worked the first time I flashed the firmware for the usr5430 onto it. I can go back to the original firmware for the usr5461 and it works fine, but I hate the firmware. Thank you.
gamerayers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 16:37    Post subject: HELP?? Reply with quote
Well, since I can't get an answer on why I can install it on my usr5461 router, but I can't change settings as it will never start back up once I change any settings, nor can I restart the system as it fails to come up then.

What is a good router I can get with gigabit networking, 4mb flash so I can install openvpn, and a usb port. I keep looking, but every Linksys one looks like the newest versions have issues, and buffalo isn't making any. Or can somebody help me? I have it working on a usr5432 so I know I have done it correctly. Thank you.
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've actually been using my USR5461 with the micro builds since some time now.

It's true, I've had these same problems in the past. But now my USR5461 has been working for several weeks without crashing.

I actually had to load an earlier version of Eko's build and the using the DD-WRT webinterface upgrade to the lastest version.

I used the 9273 NEWD Eko micro version for the intial flash. After configuring the router I updated using the webinterface to the latest version. If there any questions I'll be happy to answer them.
ftldelay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Devil103 - Any details on how you got the USR5461 to flash with any firmware other than the one from USR would be helpful. I looked in the downloads section and the 9273 NEWD Eko version is no longer available, so even if I knew how to flash the firmware, I couldn't. Thanks for any help you can give.
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried using the latest SP1 micro version? It certainly couldn't hurt to try.

And try flashing the Asus WL-520g firmware first. It often works from the first try and I've had succes with flashing from the Asus firmware to DD-WRT in the past.
ftldelay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using the web interface to upgrade the firmware. I just tried the SP1 and the Asus you mentioned and they both failed. Is there another way besides the web interface? Maybe that's the problem? Thanks a lot for your help.
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
webinterface will never work. You'll have the use the tftp method. It's in the wiki.

For the USR you can use the
tftp -i 192.168.2.2 put dd-wrt.bin

where 192.168.2.2 is the IP-address of your router (which will change to 192.168.1.1 if you upload the Asus or DD-wrt firmware) and dd-wrt.bin is the name of your firmware image.

See: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash

for more detailed instructions
gurthang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can flash USR 5461A with DD-WRT v24 sp1 micro by tftp. At first it seems to be working (I can access DD-WRT GUI and via telnet), but the router is never accessible again after reboot, unless i do a 30/30/30 reset.

I have attached files requested earlier in this thread.

cfe.nvram.zip
 Description:
dumps from router

Download
 Filename:  cfe.nvram.zip
 Filesize:  121.75 KB
 Downloaded:  1439 Time(s)

gurthang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone found out anything useful from the files I uploaded? Any chance of getting dd-wrt to run on this router? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Ninkul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorta an old topic but... Spending about 5 hours with this router trying different versions, I have to say v24 generic and v24SP1 generic don't work right off the bat (if not, at all).

Having the same problem as others though.

Stock firmware -> tftp -> DD-WRT = works fine
after reboot, DD-WRT stops working, wireless LED turns on

tftp -> DD-WRT again = not working
tftp -> stock firmware = reverted fine

OpenWRT -> not working at all

Somehow i wasn't given a window to tftp (can't remember what it was... tfl=100?). Dunno what happened there but yeah, took me ages to get it from that point back to original firmware. I think i'm going to leave it alone for now but I can confirm, tftp is the only way to flash. You can patch the firmware apparently according to openwrt but I never bothered figuring out how to do it since I didn't think it'd have any benefit of tftp'ing since thats easy enough.

I have to conclude that the compatibility listing is probably wrong. :S unless someone can prove otherwise with instructions on how to get it going, been googling and searching the forums heaps to no avail.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
plz try to install the latest micro build from the eko tng folder
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all.

This is the cfe and nvram dump from 10206 (I believe that's the latest tng). Again, after flashing with ASUS or the original USR firmware, you are able to flash with tftp, but after cycling the power or resetting, dd-wrt does not boot.

Something that maybe of interest -

If you issue the command "nvram commit" you get the following error:

nvram_commit(): failed
/dev/nvram: Cannot allocate memory
nvram_commit(): end

Hope this helps.
- Billy

nvram.bin
 Description:
nvram dump from USR 5461 / dd-wrt 10206

Download
 Filename:  nvram.bin
 Filesize:  64 KB
 Downloaded:  1188 Time(s)

cfe.bin
 Description:
cfe dump from USR 5461 / dd-wrt 10206

Download
 Filename:  cfe.bin
 Filesize:  128 KB
 Downloaded:  1286 Time(s)

ManFRed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I need help regarding the update of this firmeware.

I have flashed the firmware dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin on my USR5461, then accessed the web admin console and change the router IP address to 192.168.2.1. Since this change I can't access the router. Sad

Even after several soft or a hard reset (30-30-30) the router can not be ping on any address (192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1). Sad

The wireless led light up after few seconds after the reboot, same for the wired connection. But even if I set my Ethernet connection to DHCP, I don't have a new define address and can not reach the router.

What is the procedure to access the router or to change back the firmware ?

Thanks
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki: tftp_flash
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: