USR5461 compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
ManFRed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Sash, I have already try tftp flash during the boot phase but I did not succeed. Crying or Very sad

The router is not available either at 192.168.1.1 nor 192.168.2.1 (default USR5461 gateway). I have try Lan and Wan ports without succeeding. For USR5461, it is said that a 10 second push on the reset button is only necessary for the firmware to reset to its default, but it didn't work much.

I'd like to know how USR5461's users have proceeded to recover an access to the router.

Idea It could be also interesting to update the Wiki (Recover from a Bad Flash) for this particular router, because it seems the default process doesn't work.
Sponsor
billymuyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem with mine. You sometimes have to push the reset button several times in a row to get it to respond.
ManFRed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, and which IP address do I have to access, 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1 ?
billymuyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
What was the last firmware that you successfully booted into? If it was dd-wrt, then it should be 192.168.1.1 . If it was USR, then it should be 192.168.2.1 - provided you didn't change it to something else while it was up.

Like I said, you'll have to have to do it several times in a row. You just have to keep doing it till you get something.
ManFRed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks billymuyo, it has finally worked. The router was available on 192.168.1.1 with DD-WRT. But most of the time is address is available for only 2 seconds.

I've also tried this release (https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/817) of the firmware (build 1008 I think). It works better (available after reboot) but lots of options, like wireless, are not available.

Now I'm looking for a stable firmware, because the one from eko tng folder doesn't work at all. Confused
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running into the same problems again as before. I tried updating to the newest EKO micro and I just can't get it to work.

The wireless light comes on but freezes from the start. So we're back at square 1.
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the past I've had luck with the 9273 NEWD Eko micro version of the firmware.

After resetting several times I flashed that firmware and I could unplug/reboot my router. After that I just flashed a new version regularly until this afternoon...

Hope it helps
venk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:03    Post subject: USB Printing capabilities with micro version Reply with quote
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get usb printing support from dd-wrt with the micro v24. I understand that jffs needs to be enabled which is only enabled for the mini and standard versions, but is there a possibility of removing other functionality to accommodate for usb printing? If anyone has built their own firmware using the source for usb support, pls post...

Thanks
Devil103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think USB printing could work with an (older) version of OpenWRT Kamikaze. I remember running OpenWRT on it once.

And I've been experimenting with it's big brother (the USR 5464 Ndx) and OpenWRT and they also work great together (with USB enabled).

But as you say, if you want it in DD-WRT you'll need to enable JFFS and use ipkg to install the OHCI and CUPS packages if someone was willing to build a stable version with things like extra languages and themes removed.
elislider
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update to this routers tale

I picked up a USR5461 router today on craigslist because it was listed under the supported devices on the ddwrt wiki

--specs--
Model: US Robotics USR5461
(sub-model 5461A)
FCC ID: IXM-RTGBR02
IC: 550A-15023

tried to flash the generic micro v23sp2, v24, v24sp1, all to no avail (or at least i didnt try too hard, they didnt work right off the bat though, or so i could tell). i was using TFTP in vista. i could successfully TFTP the original USR firmware back after an unsuccessful DDWRT flash

i found this thread and read it over a few times and compared it with what is listed in the Support Devices table, where it says "v24 micro+ - build 10316 (09/12/0Cool --- 128k cfe, can run micro-plus"

so i tried the latest eko v24_tng build 10328. i thought i had flashed the micro plus but i cant remember now because the router page states micro not micro plus. anyways it works now! fully rebooting and i have it set up as the client bridge to my main WRT54G v5 running v23 sp2 micro

thank you eko for the builds, ddwrt and everyone in this forum, you all rock
ButchHandy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
elislider wrote:
Update to this routers tale

I picked up a USR5461 router today on craigslist because it was listed under the supported devices on the ddwrt wiki

--specs--
Model: US Robotics USR5461
(sub-model 5461A)
FCC ID: IXM-RTGBR02
IC: 550A-15023

tried to flash the generic micro v23sp2, v24, v24sp1, all to no avail (or at least i didnt try too hard, they didnt work right off the bat though, or so i could tell). i was using TFTP in vista. i could successfully TFTP the original USR firmware back after an unsuccessful DDWRT flash

i found this thread and read it over a few times and compared it with what is listed in the Support Devices table, where it says "v24 micro+ - build 10316 (09/12/0Cool --- 128k cfe, can run micro-plus"

so i tried the latest eko v24_tng build 10328. i thought i had flashed the micro plus but i cant remember now because the router page states micro not micro plus. anyways it works now! fully rebooting and i have it set up as the client bridge to my main WRT54G v5 running v23 sp2 micro

thank you eko for the builds, ddwrt and everyone in this forum, you all rock

Just wanted to say that the latest eko v24_tng build 10328 worked for me also to fix my USR5461. Odd behavior though...It loaded, but the IP stayed as 192.168.2.1, not changed to 192.168.1.1 like most dd-wrt loads do. Works fine after that. I was able to change things I couldn't change before.

Also, I used the following eko build:
d-wrt.v24-10328_NEWD_micro-plus.bin
but it only says "micro" on the status page. Didn't know if it should actually say "micro plus" or not.
JeffG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed the micro plus, build 10328 at [0]. It is by far the best one I tried (different versions of OpenWRT, and old dd-wrts). The UI is very professional, and the performance is in par with the factory firmware.

One issue: I could not get the wireless working (i.e., clients can not set the router although I set the router ID broadcast on) while the wireless light stays on. I don't have much time to try more things since my wife needed to use the Internet so I had to roll back to the factory firmware. It could be that I just need to power off the router and wait for some time (like 10 mins). This happens to the factory firmware too: every time I make changes to it, it takes quite an effort to get the Internet back (such as power off and wait for some time before power it on).

In any case, this is very promising. I hope more people will give it a try, and report the result here so we can verify or push this better.

One thing I really need is WOL through the router: i.e., I want to remotely wake up a server behind the router. The factory firmware does not allow messages forwarded to broadcast address. Any one knows a solution? (maybe a small installable package that can forward messages to broadcast address, or a tab on the web interface to directly send WOL message).

[0] http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FV24_TNG%2Fsvn10328/. The 2nd file.
JeffG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
ButchHandy wrote:
Odd behavior though...It loaded, but the IP stayed as 192.168.2.1, not changed to 192.168.1.1 like most dd-wrt loads do.

I found out this is true for OpenWRT too. The setting of the firmware before the install is somehow remembered. In other word, if you change the router to 192.168.1.1 before install this build, it will be 192.168.1.1. (BTW, I can not explain how this is possible, but this was what I experienced).
Lifyre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed my 5461 with dd-wrt.v24-10431_NEWD_micro-plus.bin with absolutely no issues.

It started with 192.168.1.1 instead of the maintaining the old settings like many have reported.

I was able to make a completely seamless transition that my family didn't even notice.

Thank god for dd-wrt I've been missing this functionality after working with commercial routers.
eaglesvr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lifyre wrote:
I just flashed my 5461 with dd-wrt.v24-10431_NEWD_micro-plus.bin with absolutely no issues.

It started with 192.168.1.1 instead of the maintaining the old settings like many have reported.

I was able to make a completely seamless transition that my family didn't even notice.

This is a quite inspiring info, the first in this thread.
Would you please give step-by-step description how exactly you did it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: