NEED HELP TO FIX NETGEAR N600 (WNDR3700 v4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Majestick_19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:44    Post subject: NEED HELP TO FIX NETGEAR N600 (WNDR3700 v4) Reply with quote
I recently upgraded my Netgear N600 (WNDR3700 v4) to DD-WRT. After the upgrade my router no longer provides internet with the Ethernet cable. The computer displays local network unknown (no internet connection). My 5GHZ WiFi band stopped working. I re-flashed the router through DD-WRT website with no success. I tried this following method to revert to Netgear Firmware by Setting a Static IP address:192.168.1.2; Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0. Then placing the router in recovery mode by turning off the router then,I used a paper clip to press and hold the power button for about 45 second. Afterward, I enabled the TFTP client in windows. Finally, I opened the command prompt then type in cd desktop then, tftp-i-192.168.1.1 put WNDR3700v4-V1.0.2.78.img (I downloaded the latest firmware available for my router on Netgear website) I got the following message in the command prompt: Unable to connect to the network. Can anyone help get the internet to work back through cable (ethernet) and provide step to revert back to Netgear firmware?
I connected the cables directly to the ethernet wall port, I got a connection.I can tell with certainty that the cable are not broken nor is the ethernet port.Thank in advance for your input.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: