Connected to Limited Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tkmds
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:18    Post subject: Connected to Limited Access Reply with quote
Hey All,

I've been trying to get a Wireless connection going on a DD-WRT imaged router. The router is Asus RT-AC68U model. The connection used to work fine but today it starts with Connected (though browsing never works anyway) then moves to Limited Access then disconnects from the wireless network. I've made no change on the router since I configured it and since it was working fine. Where can i find more information as to why it disconnecting like this? I have to reconnect every 5 minutes. LAN connectivity on the router works just fine. I had this same problem with a TP-LINK router and so I ruled out the router as the culprit. Where can i find more information on why it' doing that. I'd rather not do the try-this try-that type of solutions but rather would like to get to the root of the problem by finding out why it's resulting in that odd behaviour. Where can i see why it reverted to Limited Access or why it could not connect fully in the first place?

I've scoured the forums but no luck.

Cheers,
Tom

tkmds
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might be noteworthy to say that alot of this disconnectivity begins once I watch Netflix via roku.

Cheers,
Tom

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/22/14) std
(SVN revision 23940)

This is the version of the DD-WRT I'm using.

Cheers,
Tom

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone with any suggestions or a way to diagnose further?
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
In future, please see the first post in this general forum and read the forum rules about multiple posts and bumping. If your sig had contained spam, I would have simply deleted this post as three strikes and you are out, but I will move it, hopefully to the proper forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
tkmds
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wasn't bumping. Forgot to include other details so came back to add them in. I get this sort of output when I telnet to the asus routers and not sure if it's normal or not:

http://prntscr. com/6zre96

I still continue to get the disconnects and no where that I check seems to provide any further information. I'll try to remove the DD-WRT from the router on the weekend if I can't figure this out.

Cheers,
Tom

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I reloaded the firmware and could get into the setup page again (would freeze on the original one). I've reset the config to set the second router as a dhcp forwarder again and this seems to have resolved it.

Noticed that the messages we got was that there was a DHCP 'collision' of sorts with two routers giving same IP's. I'm not sure what happened but again the reload of the firmware and the reconfigure did the trick.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: