recover bricked R7000?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
flowrider
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06    Post subject: recover bricked R7000? Reply with quote
So I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Here's my situation.
I flashed to DD-WRT no problem following tweak4all.com's guide. I was then trying to load up the Astrill VPN app but it failed to load. The router would then then cycle and restart. I tried resetting the router using the reset button but that didn't really work. Finally, I tried the 30-30-30 and that prevented the restarts.

I then proceeded to revert back to the original firmware but it never updated correctly. I get no internet on the wired ports and the neither the original SSID's or the ones I made come up. I'm on a mac so through Network connections I can see the router address of 192.168.1.1 but I'm unable to access it. Any browser I use just times out. I've power cycled the router, done the 30-30-30 with no success(which I realize is incorrect for this router), and pressed the reset button for 5-7 seconds.

Any help to get back to stock would be appreciated..

***edit*** Nevermind!!! I left the router on for a while and it appears to be working again. I suppose that I didn't leave it long enough to reset.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: