Router works as bridged repeater but not as client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
giufma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:33    Post subject: Router works as bridged repeater but not as client Reply with quote
I have d link dir 800 b2 which I used to use as a wifi antenna for my desktop in client mode. When I moved to a new house I turned it into a repeater because it was needed, but now I'd like to make it into a client again (I got a proper repeater).
Anyway, I'm able to connect to the internet (through the main router, I'm in range) when I'm in repeater bridge mode, but not as client. I've followed different tutorials and it's always the same.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like it could be a setup issue. Can you give us more details about your client/repeater setup?
giufma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
It sounds like it could be a setup issue. Can you give us more details about your client/repeater setup?

what kind of details? I'm following the official tutorials
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any details you can provide such as the link of the tutorial that you are using and/or screen shots of the setup pages for Basic Setup under Setup and Basic Settings under Wireless. Please also tell us which dd-wrt build are you using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: