TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
mtunholi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I have one Archer C9 bricked. When i power up, it shows all lights in blue. I try the UART recovery method but, shows only the message on putty:
"Digital core power voltage set to 1.0V"

And do not enter in CFE. If i press ctrl+C, it do nothing. Please, somebody help me and save my router. Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mtunholi wrote:
Hi everyone! I have one Archer C9 bricked. When i power up, it shows all lights in blue. I try the UART recovery method but, shows only the message on putty:

And do not enter in CFE. If i press ctrl+C, it do nothing. Please, somebody help me and save my router. Crying or Very sad

Here's the brick fix thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0. Read the whole thread but it starts getting interesting on page 10. Actually, see that you've already been there. Best of luck!
mtunholi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
takeahike wrote:
mtunholi wrote:

Here's the brick fix thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0. Read the whole thread but it starts getting interesting on page 10. Actually, see that you've already been there. Best of luck!

Thanks my friend, but i already been there and any solution doesn't works for me. Any ideas?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mtunholi wrote:
takeahike wrote:
mtunholi wrote:

Thanks my friend, but i already been there and any solution doesn't works for me. Any ideas?

Get a new router.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
mtunholi wrote:
takeahike wrote:
mtunholi wrote:

Get a new router.

I don't have money to do that. Please, anybody, can help me to fix this router?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not fixable.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
It's not fixable.

YES! It's possible and exist a way to fix it, but you doesn't know...maybe other expert user knows.
Anyone help me?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, if you say so. Maybe pulling off the flash chip and reprogramming it.
I'm sure it's cheaper than another router.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Ok, if you say so. Maybe pulling off the flash chip and reprogramming it.
I'm sure it's cheaper than another router.

ok! thanks for yours answers, but you are not helping me. Please, give space to more experient users. Surprised
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't worry, there is plenty of space for the same answer I gave you. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:54    Post subject: Noob question... Reply with quote
Noob to forum, looking to install DD-WRT on a C9 v2 (aka US version 1900).
I've read through 20 pages of this thread and can't find the answer so I'll ask (again).

Is the C9 v2 firmware locked or is it possible to downgrade then upgrade to 12-24-2015 R28598?

I tried to downgrade to C9_V1_150122 but that didn't work (because I'm v2 obviously). Can't upgrade to 28598 directly either.

What's the missing step?

Am running 3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n

Appreciate any advice. TIA
xViNi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using the stock firmware in my Archer C9 v1. Would you guys recommend me to install the beta 2016-05-10 ? Are you guys having problems with that firmware ?

Thanks
Derarchten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
xViNi wrote:
I'm using the stock firmware in my Archer C9 v1. Would you guys recommend me to install the beta 2016-05-10 ? Are you guys having problems with that firmware ?

Thanks

I DO NOT recommend you flash r29621 (2016-05-10), I had serious problems flashig this version !!
wirelesskebab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Derarchten wrote:
xViNi wrote:

Thanks

I DO NOT recommend you flash r29621 (2016-05-10), I had serious problems flashig this version !!

Thanks for the heads up lad, I flashed 05-09-2016-r29607 without difficulties when it came out. Embarassed

What version are you using now? Wink

I've been consistently updating builds without a serial cable and a clue... I wish people would post here when they have a good flash with a new build to let others know. I will try to do that. Cool
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 21:52    Post subject: Re: Noob question... Reply with quote
fuu76 wrote:
Noob to forum, looking to install DD-WRT on a C9 v2 (aka US version 1900).
I've read through 20 pages of this thread and can't find the answer so I'll ask (again).

Is the C9 v2 firmware locked or is it possible to downgrade then upgrade to 12-24-2015 R28598?

I tried to downgrade to C9_V1_150122 but that didn't work (because I'm v2 obviously). Can't upgrade to 28598 directly either.

What's the missing step?

Am running 3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n

Bummer. I have v1 and never had any problem flashing. Do you have the black or white version--if the black things could be a little different, although I'm not sure how--my experience based on the white version. I was prepared to downgrade to 150122 because of what I read but didn't have to do that either. May be a locked version (v2). Have you tried downgrading to the earliest stock firmware for v2, if there's an earlier one than what you have? Looks like it's 150708 (7/08/15--earlier than you have) here: http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V2.html#Firmware. Kind of obvious, but just in case in light of Derarchten's comment below: Make sure you do the factory to dd-wrt flash first, then follow with the web-flash. By the way, at the bottom of the TP-Link page just cited it does mention the possibility of using DD-WRT (see pic), so I would think it's not out of the question, so maybe you should call them. I'm using the release you want, r28598 (12/24/15), and it's worked well for me. Some warn against using a version before 1/25/16 because they overwrite TP-Link partitions, making it more difficult to revert to stock. See here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165. I'm sticking with what I've got though because I had printer sharing problems with the later versions. Good luck!

dd-wrt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.26 KB
 Viewed:  11213 Time(s)

dd-wrt.jpg

Last edited by takeahike on Sat May 21, 2016 17:29; edited 6 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: